TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bloomin remarkable! - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bloomin remarkable! (/showthread.php?tid=4234)

Bloomin remarkable! - Mostlysunny - 30-04-2024

……wasn’t it mid-September when we hit top spot, and then we stayed there for the rest of the season?

I think that’s right….and if it is, then that really is / was a remarkable achievement!!

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 30-04-2024

When we won the First Division in 2003 I’m pretty sure we went top after the first game and stayed there all season. Leicester were our only real competition but we ultimately saw them off to again lift the trophy we first won back in 1949 and again in 1950

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - stayinupforever - 30-04-2024

I think we dropped to 2nd for a week or so at the end of November.Around the time of our defeat to Blackpool?

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - Kingo - 30-04-2024

(30-04-2024, 10:40 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: When we won the First Division in 2003 I’m pretty sure we went top after the first game and stayed there all season. Leicester were our only real competition but we ultimately saw them off to again lift the trophy we first won back in 1949 and again in 1950

Not sure that was exactly the same trophy WA.  Big Grin

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - TitchfieldBlue - 30-04-2024

We were very consistent and very hard to beat. 

League 1 this season was weaker than previous seasons though. This team would have finished in the playoffs in last seasons league 1.

Biggest tests are ahead of us. We will need to recruit well to compete next season

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 30-04-2024

(30-04-2024, 10:56 AM)Kingo Wrote:
(30-04-2024, 10:40 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: When we won the First Division in 2003 I’m pretty sure we went top after the first game and stayed there all season. Leicester were our only real competition but we ultimately saw them off to again lift the trophy we first won back in 1949 and again in 1950

It was the exact same trophy, I swear. You can look it up if you want

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - bluebollox - 30-04-2024

No we went top after the august bank holiday win @ Grimsby.

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - South Coast steve - 30-04-2024

(30-04-2024, 10:56 AM)Kingo Wrote:

I think it is the same trophy

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - D'Alessandro dreaming - 30-04-2024

It is indeed the same trophy.

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - dsmg - 30-04-2024

The bottom with all the names on it seems to be missing in the 2003 photo compared with the photo when we won it in 1949 (the one with Monty as President).

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - Lawrence - 30-04-2024

(30-04-2024, 11:04 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: We were very consistent and very hard to beat. 

League 1 this season was weaker than previous seasons though. This team would have finished in the playoffs in last seasons league 1.

Biggest tests are ahead of us. We will need to recruit well to compete next season

You were also very consistent. So consistent in fact that if every match  "prediction" you made came remotely true we'd be propping up the table and not winning the fecking league.

Maybe next season you could try not being such a predictable attention seeking rw*t.

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - Trarchus - 30-04-2024

(30-04-2024, 03:36 PM)Lawrence Wrote:
(30-04-2024, 11:04 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: We were very consistent and very hard to beat. 

You were also very consistent. So consistent in fact that if every match  "prediction" you made came remotely true we'd be propping up the table and not winning the fecking league.

Maybe next season you could try not being such a predictable attention seeking rw*t.

It certainly was a tough season for tichy
Big Grin

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - Smirnoffexpress - 30-04-2024

Well it wasn’t last years league, so fook off trying to take the shine off of it. We won our division by being the best team in it throughout the whole season. A huge achievement for a rookie manager and a squad newly assembled. And don’t worry about next year scummer, we will do just fine. Many of our younger squad players will develope further and it’s a together group.

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - Hammie - 30-04-2024

I did not realise until the moment it was lifted on the pitch. Not so many minutes after we scored and confirmed we were up as champions. Really topped off an amazing season and evening! 
Poke your overblown trophy Prem, the EFL had the sense to keep the real one! 
Full of history back to the very roots of the game worldwide. 
When we lifted it, I think I was in tears!

RE: Bloomin remarkable! - D'Alessandro dreaming - 30-04-2024

After we lost away to Cheltenham on January 6th, we conceded just 4 more goals in our last 10 away games. That's pretty remarkable.