TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
4-4-2?

MacGillivray
Johnson, Nicolaisen, Raggett, Brown
Williams, Naylor, Cannon, Jacobs
Harness, Marquis

Subs
Turnbull
Bolton, Mnoga, Whatmough, Downing
Morris, Close
Hiwula, Harrison
Just heard that Bobby Kellard our midfield maestro from the sixties has just passed away.
How ironic that he played for Bristol City as well.

RIP Bobby and thanks for the memorable games
1-1 halftime
The Dane walking a tightrope..maybe sub him for second half
(10-01-2021, 02:21 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]The Dane walking a tightrope..maybe sub him for second half

Was thinking the same. Time for Jack. Maybe give it ten minutes.
Don't seem to have much to worry about if we are promoted if Brizzle are standard in Championship
Agree about Jack on 2nd half. Also, usual defensive 4-2-3-1 formation. Change to 4-4-2 Harrison or Huwali on or take off Marquis & put both on. Lucky to be at 1-1 at H.T.
Jack on now. Good change.
Harrison for Marquis. Another good sub.
Harrison on for Marquis
logged out of the FA player, now its just cycling when i try to log back in ??
Hiwula on for Jacobs
2-1 Bristol, I suppose KJ does know he is allowed to substitute?
(10-01-2021, 03:11 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]logged out of the FA player, now its just cycling when i try to log back in ??

Hammie, Hesgoal has been  very good but it's a bit late now I suppose.
Did you get the Russian commentary Hilsea ?
City edged 1st half & Pompey 2nd half. Should have gone 2-1 up but a few missed chances & good saves.

KJ made the right subs but both Harrison & especially Hiwuli were too late.

Maybe he didn't realise it was a one off cup game!

Harrison was miles better than Marquis who shopped now sit out a few games.

I'd like to see Harrison & Hiwuli both start in a 4-4-2.

May be a blessing in disguise as promotion is our main goal.
Feel a bit gutted,we were good and didn't deserve to lose.
Agreed but all about taking chances. Earlier subs as well. Is Curtis self-isolating or have I missed something?
(10-01-2021, 03:27 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Did you get the Russian commentary Hilsea ?

I turned the sound off,  it was a good work out for them, much needed after the Layoff, does anyone know why KJ leaves it so late to substitute.
Dunno,
Moon said Curtis said he felt unwell.
Moon said his Mum says he had a groin injury.
(10-01-2021, 03:36 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed but all about taking chances. Earlier subs as well. Is Curtis self-isolating or have I missed something?

Curtis reported feeling ill and was left out as a precaution.
Good site though Hesgoal isn't it ?

I was watching Hesgoal and listerning to Ifollow commentary even though it was about 2 minutes behind.
Was surprised at Maccas input though,bit over the top imho
(10-01-2021, 03:44 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Good site though Hesgoal isn't it ?

I was watching Hesgoal and listerning to Ifollow commentary even though it was about 2 minutes behind.
Was surprised at Maccas input though,bit over the top imho

That's the problem,  the radio is in real time and the site isn't, I find Hesgoal very stable, but with an unintelligible , for me sound track, usually I use Sream2watch or feed2all, but today I was  getting TLS warnings, but who needs sound when watching Pompey.
Game showed how goals win games not flowing moves and possession, a half decent striker would have likely put us through to the 4th round.

Don’t see Harrison as the answer, not a prolific goal scorer, don’t know how the strike rates of Harrison, Marquis and Hiwula compare in League ( not Cup) goals but none of them impress me (although, to be fair, Hiwula usually comes on far too late to make an objective judgment).

Cant see how either Marquis or Harrison can cut the mustard in The Championship if we get there, probably just about good enough to get enough goals to get us promoted....but others are going to have to weigh in with more than a few as well.

Agree that Bristol didn’t overwhelm us, in fact we posed more questions than did they in the second half and we were missing Curtis (and we did miss him !), perhaps if Jackett had been quicker and more perceptive with his subs we might have gone on to win. What is it with Jackett and substitutes ? Like a lot of you, I am often shouting out for subs but he stands, arms folded, impassive whilst Pompey often huff and puff.

Based purely on today, surely we are good enough to play in The Championship and finish no worst than 4th from bottom, Mr Eisner please note, a bit of significant strengthening now can see us promoted this season.
(10-01-2021, 04:47 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Game showed how goals win games not flowing moves and possession, a half decent striker would have likely put us through to the 4th round.

Don’t see Harrison as the answer, not a prolific goal scorer, don’t know how the strike rates of Harrison, Marquis and Hiwula compare in League ( not Cup) goals but none of them impress me (although, to be fair, Hiwula usually comes on far too late to make an objective judgment).

Cant see how either Marquis or Harrison can cut the mustard in The Championship if we get there, probably just about good enough to get enough goals to get us promoted....but others are going to have to weigh in with more than a few as well.

Agree that Bristol didn’t overwhelm us, in fact we posed more questions than did they in the second half and we were missing Curtis (and we did miss him !), perhaps if Jackett had been quicker and more perceptive with his subs we might have gone on to win. What is it with Jackett and substitutes ? Like a lot of you, I am often shouting out for subs but he stands, arms folded, impassive whilst Pompey often huff and puff.

Based purely on today, surely we are good enough to play in The Championship and finish no worst than 4th from bottom, Mr Eisner please note, a bit of significant strengthening now can see us promoted this season.
I have been sceptical about our ability to make transition to next level but I was pleasantly surprised today. I know you cannot read so much into one fa cup match but we played good football and just lacked a bit up front. We could easily have won against a decent Br city outfit. I agree neither Marquis nor Harrison will be good enough but the creative players looked very much at home today.
Pages: 1 2