TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bazunu
Romeo Raggett Brown
Harness Tunnicliffe Azeez Williams Curtis
Marquis Harrison
That's worth a try. However, we need to play Azeez much further forward. What amazes me is that we never seem to take the opposition on in the penalty area (except Curtis), Marquis & Harrison don't have the skill for that, so it has to come from the likes of Curtis, Azeez, Harness, plus Raggett at corners.
Williamson? 5 man midfield looks fun. Perhaps we should give Ahadame a chance up front, he knows where the goal is and can at least control the ball, something which Marquis lately seems incapable of.
Baz
Romeo Downing Raggett Brown
Tunnicliffe Morrell
Harness Azeez Curtis
Marquis
I certainly expect Morrell to start tonight, and DC talked of Marquis in glowing terms again so he will be there.
Not sure how anyone can talk of Marquis in glowing terms in the last 12 months. Two good goals and a few tap ins. He really needs to listen to Guy about getting across your man and even more importantly needs to a) learn to control the ball b) stop straying offside and c) stop giving away needless fouls.
DSMG - spot on mate! He was a good player, maybe still can be, but your three points sum him up perfectly over the last 12-18 months. Something needs to change with his training. He works hard, but there's unfortunately almost no end product at the moment.
(21-09-2021, 10:15 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Williamson? 5 man midfield looks fun. Perhaps we should give Ahadame a chance up front, he knows where the goal is and can at least control the ball, something which Marquis lately seems incapable of.

Whoops. Williams.Dear me, too old for this lark.
Looks like a classic six and two eights to me. I think the four should drop to a two for this game and play in the hole beside the ten then the five can pull the defenders into a 'V' shape and we can hit them on the hypotenuse.
Simple really.
Tell you what, we might as well play 2-3-5 as Bob Jackson did when he won back-to-back Championships !

Yeah, we would probably get stuffed in the modern game especially as not a single player currently on our books would have got in the Reserves of that squad.

It was fabulous to watch and you forgot everything but the football, when I watch Pompey these days I find my attention wandering regardless of what tactical line up Cowley has come up with.

I’m not a betting man but what are the odds quoted on Pompey scoring three goals or more ? Surely DC/ Marquis/ Harrison/ whoever must get it right eventually.
(21-09-2021, 09:40 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Bazunu
Romeo Raggett Brown
Marquis Harrison

352 wouldn't surprise me because Plymouth apparently play that so we might match them up, but not with that line-up.

Romeo was brought in to enable us to play that formation, but that is because he is a right wing back not a centre back, and I can't see either Harness or Curtis having enough defensive ability to play wing backs. so maybe something like .... 

Bazunu 
Freeman Downing Raggett 
Romeo Tunnicliffe Azeez Morrell Brown 
Marquis Curtis
(21-09-2021, 12:39 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
Romeo Raggett Brown
Marquis Harrison

352 wouldn't surprise me because Plymouth apparently play that so we might match them up, but not with that line-up.

Romeo was brought in to enable us to play that formation, but that is because he is a right wing back not a centre back, and I can't see either Harness or Curtis having enough defensive ability to play wing backs. so maybe something like .... 

Bazunu 
Freeman Downing Raggett 
Romeo Tunnicliffe Azeez Morrell Brown 
Marquis Curtis

This is what I'm expecting.  So, unlikely to happen!
Any formation that can avoid the shitshow of Ragget & Downing being paired together gets my vote. This team really is a mess.
Romeo Raggett Brown
Marquis Harrison

I like it! Very positive line up & agree about 2 up front especially at home .

Harrison's good in the air & even Marquis slow as he is should b eable to take a flick on on his chest & volley past the keeper!

I'm Not too convinced about the back & though with only Raggett with any height there.

Their CF could terrorise us there.

I think I'd go with a back 4 if Robertson is fit.

How about: 4-3-1-2 with Azeez inthe elusive No.10 shirt?

Bazunu
Romeo Raggett Robertson Brown
Harness Tunnicliffe Curtis
Azeez
Marquis Harrison
(21-09-2021, 03:09 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Any formation that can avoid the shitshow of Ragget & Downing being paired together gets my vote. This team really is a mess.

Raggett has been our best outfield player by far so far this season.

Downing I agree has a lot to do to prove he can be the player he was before he joined us, and the partnership between the two has never looked comfortable.
Keep Downing out of the team unless there is absolutely no other option. Seems honest enough just nowhere near good enough
I agree Raggett has had a good season with only two mistakes that I can remember. Definitely improving month by month.