TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: So much better !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A first half where our high energy, very combative approach discomforted Plymouth a great deal.

Browns early goal was probably the ideal tonic for Pompey and let them grow in confidence as the half progressed.

Important that Pompey keep pressing Plymouth because there have been odd moments when Plymouth showed that they are more than capable of scoring, Pompey’s harrying of the man in possession resulted in snatched chances instead of goals in the first half.

Interesting second half coming up, I went for 2-1, my grandson 3-2, both to Pompey. Both scores still alive and kicking.
harness is flourishing but will probably run out of energy so need to have a sub ready later.
We seem to be hunting in packs much better tonight.
now we will see.
Will the team stand up and be counted or collapse?
Sorry, not convinced at all by this team sorry mob , lots of poor crosses & passes ..
we still might lose, but the team has kept going and are causing trouble in the Argyle box.
Barely much more of an improvement considering we are still creating next to nothing. Even the goal was a scuffed shot.

Our attacks are slow and predictable. Every Plymouth player has to be behind the ball before the inevitable over hit ball gets punted into the box. Nobody takes on a player and harness still cannot cross the ball.

Williams will get caned but this is one heck of an ordinary team.
Raggers. I told you he was our biggest threat!
Romeo looks a class above, might want to make him the sole defender when we have a corner
Good teams play badly and win
We are trying hard and seemed to deserve the point to me
onwards and upwards
The old frailties come back to haunt us, Marquis missing excellent chances and the defence being caught cold by two clinical through balls which the excellent Hardie converted.

Raggett to the rescue !
best leave Romeo as the sole defender perhaps?
A point earned. Nothing much else to say but wondering if our strikers are thinking of turning up any time soon.
(21-09-2021, 08:51 PM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]A point earned. Nothing much else to say but wondering if our strikers are thinking of turning up any time soon.

No strikers can score goals when the balls are always over hit and the crosses so awful. 

Can't work out why Solent are creaming themselves over Pompeys performance. Better than Cambridge but that was a low bar to beat.

Nice to sneak a draw and silence the away lot though. Been ages since that happened.
Romeo's crossing is absolute dogsh!t, every time he hit it to a defender or near post to no-one.

Morrell was the PFC man of the match by a mile.
not sure it was only Romeo whose crossing hit the first man or went straight through.
Marquis, Curtis and Harness were decent tonight until the final ball or decision (especially Harness who shoots when he should cross and passes when clean through) seems a decent team set up for them actually.
Would be great to throw Harrison in to make a bigger threat but don;t see how we could set that up if we are realistic.
Three easy chances missed and two appalling defensive errors undid all the good work.
Thoroughly deserved our late late equaliser, the players really put a shift in unlike Saturday. However our defensive lack of pace is alarming. Marquis works his socks off (as he should) but yes he ought to had one if not two goals. I too like Lawrence was delighted to shut the Argyle chants of "we are top of the league" up lol Mid table finish for us at best, that's the way I see it. I honestly don't think we are any better than that.
Great to get an equaliser when it never looked like it was gonna happen

But I do think we look pretty average … mid table at best … based on what was pretty much our first team (albeit minus Robertson) … thought Morrell and Williams were bang average for two thirds of that game, Harness and Curtis tried harder tonight but little real end product or testing the keeper.
Romeo a plus … but better crossing needed …
Well it WAS better but there was no fluency and our crossing was atrocious.

We looked dangerous when we got to the line but didn’t do it often enough.

Hardie the Plymouth forward looked dangerous all night and showed what we lack with Marquis up front. Hardie took both his goals very well, I can’t say I’d have put money on Marquis scoring either of those, given the same chances. We made Hardie’s job much easier by leaving him one on one with a much slower player of course.

On a very positive note I thought Morrell was excellent, our best player by a country mile on the night.
Agreed much better last night but they have to remeber that when you play 3-5-2 and only one of the three is a recognised central defender you are playing with fire and always vulnerable
Enjoyed the game - plenty of passion and energy both on and off the pitch. Should have picked up all 3 points - especially if the useless ref had sent off that thug Camara in the first half! Reminded me of the 2-2 playoff game when we also took an earlier lead and Jamal Matt should have been sent off for decking Doyle only to go on to score / create their 2 goals.

Felt sorry for Marquis when he slid in and couldn't quite get a firm enough contact to steer the ball into the net. Their goal scorer, Hardie looks a handful though. Morrell had a great game - my MOM.

If we can keep performing with that level of effort then we should win more than we lose.
I agree with the previous comments about Morrell. Too many people had already been writing him off. Was chuffed when we signed him and hopefully this was the first of many great games for him.
It only takes a couple of shit games in row for some on here to write everybody and everything off.
Must agree that Hardie looked a really good striker, be interested to see if he maintains that level.
Morrell and Romeo getting better game by game

Just get a goal from the front 3 next game and things will be on the upward curve.
(22-09-2021, 04:42 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Must agree that Hardie looked a really good striker, be interested to see if he maintains that level.

Just get a goal from the front 3 next game and things will be on the upward curve.

I'd happily settle for two goals a game ... and who gives a toss which position scores them ? Why does that matter?
(22-09-2021, 06:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-09-2021, 04:42 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Must agree that Hardie looked a really good striker, be interested to see if he maintains that level.

I'd happily settle for two goals a game ... and who gives a toss which position scores them ? Why does that matter?

it don't matter at all, but for us to do well it would be easier with the front men chipping in more often than so far this season
Pages: 1 2