TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: We got lucky with our early games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 of our 3 wins were against teams who are in the bottom three. We will soon be with them.
much better tonight.
But we still are not scoring from open play
I think you could say a work in progress

Biggest for me was Romeo looks a class above
Morrell looked half decent tonight too

Desperately need to get a goal for Marquis and Harness, former missing presentable chances tonight, Harness making the wrong decision too often.
After Saturdays performance, I’m pleased we harried, got stuck in and at times were dirty in the first half … which surprised them I think.

Delivery into the box was typically poor tho … and despite possession and pressure we didn’t really test the keeper. We needed to get that second goal when on top and really take charge of the game

Second half at times we started to slip back into the slow and predictable ‘side to side’ play as seen on Saturday.

Too many players either lacking the confidence (or perhaps just not good enough?) to take players on and show creativity / pull others out of position / create real opportunities. Despite all of our huffing and puffing we didn’t really test their keeper until the injury time goal

Jury is still out for me on Morrell and Williams … I expected much more from them (based on their experience).
Romeo continually wanted the ball / made runs - but delivery needs to be better
Baz - Great keeper and our best passer of the ball
If you weren't happy with Morrell last night then you are a hard man to please....I thought he was superb (for the first time).
Agree with the assessment of Morrell. Combative with a great range of passing. The system suited him well.
(22-09-2021, 07:32 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]If you weren't happy with Morrell last night then you are a hard man to please....I thought he was superb (for the first time).

Absolutely right Deep, Morrell was our best player by a mile.
That's good to hear, I said he needed to pull his finger out I'm glad he took my advice
Romeo and Morrell were excellent last night. Harness isn’t a number 10 as last night showed. We created quite a bit but still no one willing to have a shot on goal. Marquis missed to fantastic chances.
Much better.
Do it again and get a goal from Marquis/Harness and we will be going in the right direction for a half decent season eventually.