TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Oh dear. Never a foul tho', more like the other way
We could end up lossing this if we don't watch it. Should have been at least 2-0 up at H.T.
Interesting that HF has become the go to player when we need to make a change. Wouldn't be my choice but lets hope it works today.
(25-09-2021, 03:32 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting that HF has become the go to player when we need to make a change. Wouldn't be my choice but lets hope it works today.

Jacobs must had taken a huge dump on Danny's desk (metaphorically speaking) to be muscled out of the squad by Reeko. Less than 2 years ago he was a regular starter for a mid-table championship team.
Tossers
It's much more entertaining but now of course we are a bit of a shambles at the back. Freeman/Raggett/Williams... not for me as a back 3
Just what I was thinking forever. We are not very good at all but at least its not boring. Disappointing and uninspiring but not boring.
6 league games without a win. just 3 points from 18. So disappointing but to many in all honesty the lack of points is not that unexpected.
We are what we are. Mid table (hopefully) although the previous post reminding me it's 3 pts out of 18 doesn't sound very mid table. Surely a win can't be far away? We would have won today of course if Mighty Marquis knew how to score goals!!
Agree about Hackett Fairchild, no where near L1 standard but neither is Hirst, according to Whittingham maybe they came on to add height to our defence for corners !

Clearly Harrison and Jacobs (two of our biggest earners) aren’t going to get a look in with Cowley but the inept Hirst and Hackett Fairchild are automatic choices for subs.

Two points thrown away today, DC must shoulder a lot of the blame.
I'm disappointed they gave Cowley the contact after the failure last season.
Ahadme? Disappointed he never gets in the squad now. I bet Norwich and the man himself are as well. In terms of goals he surely should be ahead of Hirst and HF?
Our form is the worst in the league. We are rubbing shoulders with Gillingham and Burton with 2 points from the last 5 games.
Very poor first goal to give away, really need to wake up. Freeman poor again, partially to blame for second goal this week and last. Romeo good going forward. Hirst a lump, God knows what we need him for when we've got Harrison for that. Maybe it's in his contract that he has to be involved. Baz excellent. Morrell looking better every game. Not so sure about Williams or Tunnicliffe. Excellent goal by Curtis. Reeco waste of space at the moment. Ref made two or three bad decisions which could easily have changed the game in our favour. Hey ho, on to Tuesday. We must win again some time.
That sitter Marquis missed in the first half took my breath away. What a player!
Another 2 points dropped. Good start & Curtis slots home in style. Marquis then misses a couple of easy chances but he's only there for his work rate in DCs pressing game. They equalise early in 2nd half after a H.T. roasting from Adkins. Marquis misses some more chances but Harness show some skill & slots home for 2-1 great job done we all thought but DC then takes Harness off for some unknown reason unless he picked up a knock. Marquis is taken off finally & Hirst ( Super Lump ) comes on instead of Harrison ( Why? ). Charlton then equalise in the 87th minute & push for a winner. From a game we should have come away with a win from we were lucky to get a draw. I'm lossing all faith in Cowley who is turning into a Jackett Clone! Mid - table Mediocrety beckons.
Williams is very disappointing. Hirst and RHF shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team. Jacobs needs to be involved and the defence needs 2 CH's. Where's Assiz ffs??
If Pompey were not short of CBs, would Raggett be a better bet up front?
I think we have to face it Cowley has No idea just talks a good tactical game. But the play & results don't match his spiel. Jacobs won't play again unless we've run out of midfielders & Azeez who's not been given a proper chance has been sidelined already. We need a flair player to control the game & needs game time to get used to the hurly burly of Div 1 football. We have major problems all round from the Owner, Manager & CEO.
Hirst ahead of Harrison makes me despair. Williams seems very poor but whilst he pretends to be a defender then Azeez can’t replace him. Freeman struggles in a back three and Tunnicliffe has lost his spark. Marquis is what he is.. a bit of a disaster. Good job Raggett, Morrell and Curtis and maybe Harness are finding some form. Baz nailed on player of season. DC? Could and must do better. Forgot Romeo... very good so far.
jacobs and Downing may not be the manager's cup of tea. But both are very experienced and could perhaps help the team see out a game? Jacobs especially, if you keep possession at the end its hard for the other team to score and you don't need to run so hard on knackered legs but they do.
(25-09-2021, 05:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]jacobs and Downing may not be the manager's cup of tea. But both are very experienced and could perhaps help the team see out a game? Jacobs especially, if you keep possession at the end its hard for the other team to score and you don't need to run so hard on knackered legs but they do.

Downing? Really? If he is the answer, I must be in a parallel universe
(25-09-2021, 05:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]jacobs and Downing may not be the manager's cup of tea. But both are very experienced and could perhaps help the team see out a game? Jacobs especially, if you keep possession at the end its hard for the other team to score and you don't need to run so hard on knackered legs but they do.

I know players that weren't playing automatically become better players when the team doesn't win according to lazy social media commentators, but Downing has had plenty of chances and failed. 

I can't see it somehow magically working out differently if he gets picked again.
I thought Jackett was hopeless at substitutions, but I think we now have a manager who is even worse.
(25-09-2021, 07:35 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Jackett was hopeless at substitutions, but I think we now have a manager who is even worse.

Trouble is with the high press, some players simply run out of steam. Harness at MK was kept on but was out on his feet.
Today Marquis and Harness needed to come off. But Hurst really does not seem to fit the team plan, Harrison must be a better bet surely?
I guess at last he is not afraid to make changes.
Pages: 1 2