TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Too much Steel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A first thread, and may I contribute to the suggestions of safe standing in the F.E. 
Some time ago I had the opportunity to visit one of the major clubs in northern Europe - and during a tour of the ground - the (new) safe standing seats were demonstrated. The lady leading the tour explained that in her honest opinion the rack iron standing seats did very little to increase fervour and volume from the home support - and to the contrary - suggested that many visiting teams were more vocal from their (continued standing) attitude in the "seated area" in the opposite top corner!
Walking along the rows it became obvious that very much space is taken by the ironworks, and  for me very little gain. Should the Chief Exec /the club decide some time in the future to explore this option then it may be reasonable to post a video clip of the the rack standing area at a European club to allow the Pompey faithful to make a more considered  decision. This new format is a far cry from the days of being carried along by the shoulders in the sway of a large crowd........and that was before entering the ground at some games !
the seats seem totally pointless unless you are expecting to play in a European game any time soon.