TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bazunu
Romeo, Raggett, Freeman ,Brown
Williams, Morrell, Tunnicliffe
Harness,  Curtis
Marquis

Subs Bass, Downing, Thompson, Hirst, Harrison, Hackett-Fairchild, Jacobs
Azeez? He was gonna be the saviour
He should still be on the bench,in my opinion. A lively player to bring on with 15-20 minutes to go, when our players are flagging!
Jacobs on the bench... hopefully he's kissed and made up with Danny
It's a big transition, playing under 23 games against similarly aged Prem teams, against being thrown in against the hectic scrapping sometimes apparent in Lge One. I agree that ideally, in a game we're winning - mid second half, to send him on and ( hopefully) raise his confidence at this standard.
Thought Ogilvie was fit?
(28-09-2021, 06:28 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Jacobs on the bench... hopefully he's kissed and made up with Danny

Probably went for a Pizza together! Azeez has to be on the bench unless injured. Unless he's told DC what he thinks of his managing  training methods!
Oh dear.
All the pressure & just gone 1-0 down.
(28-09-2021, 07:19 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]All the pressure & just gone 1-0 down.

A Brown shocker
That goal’s been coming, so much sloppy defending by Pompey……and against a team who can’t normally score
Brown also incapable of blocking crosses lately
Lost count of how many shit crosses we have put in.
Harness & Morrell playing well, and that's about it.
Why is it not obvious what will happen against a hard pressing team ?
First away game I’ve seen. Depressing. Shambles at the back, morrell excepted there’s no midfield and no goal threat. Romeo and morrell only ones contributing. Some stupid passing across the back from Baz. The system doesn’t work when the defenders are no good. I wouldn’t give Williams the time of day.
74% possession, 4 shots 1 on target. Burton 26% possession, 8 shots 2 on target. Unbelievable. Oh yes and we’re 1-0 down.
Early 2nd half Subs if things don't improve dramatically:
Harrison for Marquis
Jacobs for Williams
Hate to say it but Burton seem to want it more ....so far
Harrison and Marquis up front maybe worth a try but I don’t know how you rearrange the team to make that possible.
(28-09-2021, 07:48 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Harrison and Marquis up front maybe worth a try but I don’t know how you rearrange the team to make that possible.

Good thinking but too obvious for DC

Change to 4-4-2
Jacobs for Williams !!!!! you are aware that Williams is playing in defence and Jacobs plays wide left. How would that substitution work?
Offside after offside
Easy play 4-2-3-1

Jacobs CM

Or

4-2-2-1-1

7 defenders + GK = 8

How Negative & No Goal threat!

Jacobs No.10
Perhaps far less hopeful crosses into the box which, thus far, Burton have gobbled up and more ball on the ground with Harness, Curtis etc running at their man.

Pompey haven’t coped at all well with Burtons physical press but may yet benefit as and when Burton run out of steam in true League 1 style.

Pompey shouldn’t have any fitness problem this game, they haven’t worked hard enough to have created an energy deficit
Pages: 1 2 3