TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cowley and strikers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting to note that the best striker Cowley has ever worked with, Marquis,  has now amassed 1 goal in 10 league games this season.

The striker he coveted and tried to sign, Stockley, has now scored 2 in 10 league games this season.

Hirst who he did sign and Harrison who he inherited have scored no league goals between them this season.

I wonder if Cowley is the right man for the job !
(28-09-2021, 09:42 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting to note that the best striker Cowley has ever worked with, Marquis,  has now amassed 1 goal in 10 league games this season.

The striker he coveted and tried to sign, Stockley, has now scored 2 in 10 league games this season.

Hirst who he did sign and Harrison who he inherited have scored no league goals between them this season.

I wonder if Cowley is the right man for the job !

Not enough experience and certainly not at league 1 level....DC.does more interviewing than Boris !

Tactically naive and green enough to take a job that would always be short of resources and as Eisner told them "the club must be self sustaining" then they knew the writing was on the wall.(failure just around the corner,inevitable given the lack of funding)......Huddersfield  Town all over again......no lessons learnt.
Big John needed benching weeks ago and the Cowleys failed in the transfer window to deliver an average striker and couldn`t move  Harrison or Marquis on either.....catalogue of failure.......add in last season`s easy run in to the end of the season where we missed the play offs and blew it out our arses.
It`s a mess and the forthcoming fixtures look really tough, so maybe by December a "new face" might be seen sitting behind the dugouts........it needs freshening up for certain.
Coleman?
No, tell Eisner to spend some of his $4 Billion and bring in Chris Wilder.

Sure, would have to pay him over the odds to come here and would have to make funds available on a scale he might not be comfortable with but we wouldn’t be served up the dross we are currently suffering and wouldn’t hang around in League 1 for very long. Don’t do it by loading debt onto Pompey just invest the cash as equity !

At 80 doesn’t Eisner realise you can’t take it with you ? That the only thing money can buy him is fun - maybe the fun of helping others, enjoying experiences, living every day to the full ?

I’m older than Eisner and practice what I preach and try to enjoy every day, if I had Eisner’s money Wilder would be in a taxi to Fratton Park right now !

PS What prat in the Portsmouth hierarchy chose Ritchie Barker instead of Wilder ?
Wasn't Barker somebody's mate at the club at the time?
(29-09-2021, 10:26 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't Barker somebody's mate at the club at the time?

Catlin and Barker were at Bury together
(29-09-2021, 10:23 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]No, tell Eisner to spend some of his $4 Billion and bring in Chris Wilder.

Sure, would have to pay him over the odds to come here and would have to make funds available on a scale he might not be comfortable with but we wouldn’t be served up the dross we are currently suffering and wouldn’t hang around in League 1 for very long. Don’t do it by loading debt onto Pompey just invest the cash as equity !

At 80 doesn’t Eisner realise you can’t take it with you ? That the only thing money can buy him is fun - maybe the fun of helping others, enjoying experiences, living every day to the full ?

I’m older than Eisner and practice what I preach and try to enjoy every day, if I had Eisner’s money Wilder would be in a taxi to Fratton Park right now !

PS What prat in the Portsmouth hierarchy chose Ritchie Barker instead of Wilder ?

Amen to all of that Wight.
If we agree Marquis, Harrison, Ahadme and Hirst are our central strikers then Marquis remains our highest scoring striker in the league this season. ?
Neither Chris Coleman nor Chris Wilder are going to make a players out of the dross that is in half our team. You can line them up in whatever permutation you want and command them to transmit the ball by land or by air, but a shit player is a shit player and we have about 6 of them.
square pegs in square holes.
Which means Downing starts, but is he so much worse than a defence that is letting in 2 per game?
lower league players short on confidence are better going back to basics
and perhaps playing the high press is exactly why we keep getting hit on the break?