TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: I actually believe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Cowley's might resign before Christmas.
Probably can’t afford to and know it might be the death knell of their careers

Much more likely to soldier on, start shaking the bag and hope to find a winning formula and survive until the January window and devote every waking minute trying to find a striker and centre back to rescue them.

The Cowleys have the comfort of knowing they are going to get paid for the length of their contracts (unless, Eisner decides to pay them off and he would need a general anaesthetic before he could do that). Sure they might have to get used to booing and chants of “we want Cowley out” but the money is still going in the bank each month.

Mad Mandy has been criticised on another thread for interfering with management and changing managers too often, I wish Eisner could be so proactive !
Saturday could be a game changer. Have we already reached the stage where a win and all is forgiven and it might spark something in the team. A heavy defeat and things would have to change; but arguably, a half decent performance and a draw or a narrow defeat would achieve little?
I'll be very sad if we lose them. I want to watch their brand of football, but they haven't yet got the players to play it.

If they resign, it will surely be in protest over how they have been supported in the transfer windows.

I don't think it would be terminal for their careers to walk away. The football world is a small world and everyone talks. Everyone knows what state our club is in at the moment.
trouble is with this team, having played badly they are just as likely to do well next game. But then be carp again the one after.