TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: O'Driscoll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With him now resigning it suggests we may well be rotting away right down to the core. Talk has been cheap.
All is most definitely not well.
The club is a turd. Poor infrastructure, poor manager, poor owners and a poor team.

Decades of negligence has caught up.
Alarm bells
Indeed - just when we thought things were not/could not get any worse !
The heady days post Guildhall presentation are long gone, and promises regarding the Academy now look so shallow.
Many supporters were clinging to the hope of the Academy being the clubs saviour, however those hopes are now hanging by a thread.
Nothing in the press - yet. Was it announced on Twitter?
BTA. First story on Pompey in the News online home page today.
This club is toxic. Needs proper, PROPER investment.
Catlin did well to get out when he did
The situation isn’t good, of course it’s not.

I think the ‘we’re all doomed’ talk is a trifle premature though  Smile .

There’s nothing toxic about any of it, we’re just not playing well.
And The Lord said unto Danny Cowley “ Smile, things could be worse”, so Danny smiled and lo, things were worse !
(29-09-2021, 09:53 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]And The Lord said unto Danny Cowley “ Smile, things could be worse”, so Danny smiled and lo, things were worse !

Well if the lord told him to smile he wasn’t listening Wight  Smile .
Just read the article, doesn’t look good on the Eisners promise to invest in youth. I think Torante/ Eisners need to understand the rumblings of discontent that’s building.
(29-09-2021, 09:44 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]The situation isn’t good, of course it’s not.

I think the ‘we’re all doomed’ talk is a trifle premature though  Smile .

There’s nothing toxic about any of it, we’re just not playing well.

And the promised academy?
We are told many, many times the club is in transition. I accept that is true but from what to what? From a tired, boring team perpetually falling short of / in play offs to.... a shambles trying to avoid a relegation scrap? That's how it feels this morning. Here's hoping for 3 miraculous points on saturday. PUP.
Its very concerning. Not just the fact that the acadamy has been messed around but because what the resignation indicates:

It signals management haven't provided a plan or assurances of a strategy for the academy. Its known that this year is belt tightening. However, for Odriscoll to resign, it means that an experienced and talented Footballing person no longer has confidence in the club.

As I said, very concerning.
Blimey the wrist slashers are out in force today
With good reason as something needs to change soon. No good playing the ostrich role at the moment. People are rightly concerned as the club slides, on and off the pitch, and the players completely lost their heads last night. Being bottom of the form table with all these supposed championship quality players doesn’t look good. Losing the academy manager with associated comments from him is unsettling. The travelling fans reduced to sarcastic songs is disturbing. We need something positive soon.
(29-09-2021, 12:17 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Blimey the wrist slashers are out in force today

If you're going to put a label on it, I'd say the realists are venting some home truths  Wink
And, what confidence does it provide to young identified talent? Would parents now wish to support a player of that age joining the club?
As I said earlier the heady promises made in the Guildhall are sadly, and to me surprisingly, looking very shallow.
Disappointing !
Relax, we’ve got world football expert Andy Redman to sort things out.
Ah yes ! Andy Redman whose sport at college and university was…..Wrestling - an ideal base to advise on Soccer !

Just another Eisner Disney acolyte, about as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot !

The fact that he has any input whatsoever into Pompey is stupefying, he and his boss are the main part of the problem and no part of the solution.
Counterpoint: They call him O'Dismal, we released a load of his kids last summer and the lion's share of them have failed to find other teams in the game to play for. Are we really that bothered? Would be be less hostile if we were winning?