TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Well, at least we’re consistent !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our Academy kids have now exited from the Youth Alliance Cup at the hands of  Forest Green Rovers !

Pompey, already out of the EFL Cup, teetering on an exit from the Papa John’s, League 1 seemingly in free-fall, we do seem to be plumbing unfathomable depths at the moment.

Still, we are still in The FA Cup so that’s all right then.
Any non-league team would fancy their chances against us in the FA Cup first round at the moment.
The benchmark is Aldershot. That was the lowest point in Pompeys history.
Pedalo

You’re tempting fate !
My Missis thinks I support a football team called FFS Pompey.
Thats the only thing she has heard me say over the past few weeks.
(29-09-2021, 01:45 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Our Academy kids have now exited from the Youth Alliance Cup at the hands of  Forest Green Rovers !

Pompey, already out of the EFL Cup, teetering on an exit from the Papa John’s, League 1 seemingly in free-fall, we do seem to be plumbing unfathomable depths at the moment.

Big Grin Big Grin

Deebo

Give it a rest WhingeBlue. You’re starting to sound like Private Fraser.
(29-09-2021, 04:00 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-09-2021, 01:45 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Our Academy kids have now exited from the Youth Alliance Cup at the hands of  Forest Green Rovers !

Big Grin Big Grin

Well actually I couldn’t give a flying one about the EFL Cup or the Papa John’s Trophy, so the fact that we are still in the F. A. Cup IS a plus for me  Smile .

The Academy seems to have been abandoned by the Eisners, strangely.

Our best hope is that someone else wants to buy us but I won’t be holding my breath.
Those competitions are good for getting players fit and challenging for the senior team so I always see it as a shame when we exit them.
Deebo

Sorry to bore you with my whingeing but, after 75 seasons of supporting Pompey, I now just tell it like I see it !

Anyone and everyone is welcome to take a pop at my posts, I’ve a thick skin and won’t be offended, anyway, I have been insulted by much better people than most on this board (?).

I would love to be able to applaud and laud Portsmouth FC but I can’t at the moment, it’s not fit for purpose.
Hey, Wighty! How do you know how good I am? Not that I've insulted you.
Sorry about my last post, didn’t check it and the (?) should have been a Smiley face, some of us olds just aren’t up to pace with this tech stuff.

Frankly, I am still reeling from the fact that my Sinclair ZX81 is regarded as out dated….and just as I had finally mastered Basic programming !

Does this mean I am a dinosaur ?