TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: O'Driscol official statement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(29-09-2021, 05:10 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021...odriscoll/

What a load of bull ,I’ve lost patience with owners
So a different statement and reasons to what was printed in The News this morning
(29-09-2021, 05:12 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-09-2021, 05:10 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021...odriscoll/

What a load of bull ,I’ve lost patience with owners

Yes, the bullshitometer is in overdrive at the moment... if it was for the reasons he said, he would be kept on part time, or they would have lined up a replacement. Writing such drivel and expecting the fans to swallow it just adds insult to injury.
This statement is from the horse's mouth, and therefors has far more credibility than the earleir conjecture from the News journo. 

But for some reason. seemingly because the first team lost again last night, everyone would prefer to believe it's all the club's fault because that fits the current mood against the club.
Things are falling apart in front of your eyes but instead of acknowledging it, you want to dismiss it as disgruntled fans not liking the football on show?
(29-09-2021, 05:54 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]This statement is from the horse's mouth, and therefors has far more credibility than the earleir conjecture from the News journo. 

But for some reason. seemingly because the first team lost again last night, everyone would prefer to believe it's all the club's fault because that fits the current mood against the club.

You lost all credibility when you told me Harrison would be a good signing . How did that go?
O'Driscol reminding us that he stayed working through the very very bad situation at Bournemouth rings true and suggests the News version was a little hypothetical.
While a lot of stuff churned out by The News is fill-the-space click-bait rubbish, Neil Allen is an experienced and credible journalist who has always got his facts right. So, for me, that leaves O'Driscoll's statement as the source I distrust. Looks like he confided in Allen and now has the wrath of the club on his back....severance terms etc could all come into play in watering down his real reasons.
(30-09-2021, 05:13 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]While a lot of stuff churned out by The News is fill-the-space click-bait rubbish, Neil Allen is an experienced and credible journalist who has always got his facts right. So, for me, that leaves O'Driscoll's statement as the source I distrust. Looks like he confided in Allen and now has the wrath of the club on his back....severance terms etc could all come into play in watering down his real reasons.

No journalist ‘has always got his facts right’, Neil Allen included. He’s been working for the Snooze for years for a start, if he was the bastion of journalistic excellence you imply, he would have moved on to higher pastures long ago.

That said, I don’t know which version is correct, I dare say we’ll find out in the fullness of time.
If O’Driscoll was going to put out a whitewash statement to satisfy some sort of confidentiality clause, surely it would not be as long as that one?

It would have been something like ‘I’ve resigned because I can’t dedicate the time required by the job due to personal reasons’.

As I said, I don’t know which version is correct but I would lean towards that of O’Driscoll. Journalists will always go with the sensational rather than the mundane, for obvious reasons. Similarly, those with a blind animosity towards the club owners will always believe the sensational, since it furthers their agenda.

We are not playing well at the moment but that doesn’t mean that everything about the club is bad ffs.

The club owns its own training ground within the city limits, the club is carrying out improvements to the ground, we have a reasonable, if somewhat midfield heavy squad.

It’s not all bad ffs.
we said gaffer (not so ex if Pompey need a new coach for a youth team ?)
(30-09-2021, 10:00 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]we said gaffer (not so ex if Pompey need a new coach for a youth team ?)

Well it’s a nice thought Hammie but quite apart from the fact that I am totally unqualified for the job, I wouldn’t be able to dedicate the time required for personal reasons (beer and travel)  Smile .
(29-09-2021, 09:32 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-09-2021, 05:54 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]This statement is from the horse's mouth, and therefors has far more credibility than the earleir conjecture from the News journo. 

You lost all credibility when you told me Harrison would be a good signing . How did that go?

I had credibillity ???  Wow. 

And I still like Harrison as a player , just not as a prolific goalscorer which is not what he was bought to be, .. is it OK with you for me to have an opinion ?
(30-09-2021, 12:37 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-09-2021, 09:32 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]

I had credibillity ??? Wow!

with cowes  Big Grin