TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cowleys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Considering the brutal break up of the squad last season, including most of the yoof setup, I'm not surprised the cowleys are struggling to get a decent team out. They have signed 14 players mostly near the start of the season, of which the only decent ones aren't even ours and a fair few got injured just by signing a contract. They haven't had a preseason and are basically learning as they play - which never works in football.

My beef is with Eisner. Fair enough we didn't have to worry during the lockdown year but that's all he's done so far. I honestly think they are deliberately sabotaging our clubs chances of promotion ever since they took control. The Oxford playoffs proving my point in my opinion.

The rot started with jackett, who's contempt for our yoof began the shocking deterioration of our youth set up culminating in the virtual decimation of the squad this season. Eisner couldn't afford to fire his manager - an unbelievable position for an owner who claims ambition. 

Eisner knows getting up will cost him a fortune. He'd have to pay transfer fees for a start. And the championship is littered with bankrupt clubs. Fair enough, but you can try. You don't get there on free transfers in August and loans signings from Prem clubs who are never going to play for them.

Most of us don't want us spending cash like sunderland, Ipswich and co but you can get there if you back the manager intelligently. We've seen Luton, Blackpool, Barnsley and Coventry wave us on way up and the latter did it without a home ground! Two of those are now established clubs with smaller grounds than us. 

I started with Pompey in 1978/79 and like many I can smell the stench of bullshet when it's about. 
 A Disneyland Milton end and a training ground where the five a side pitches aren't useable is not a sign of a club on the up.

IWe were never going up this season. All Eisner is doing is keeping the club in saleable condition.
(29-09-2021, 05:51 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]Considering the brutal break up of the squad last season, including most of the yoof setup, I'm not surprised the cowleys are struggling to get a decent team out. They have signed 14 players mostly near the start of the season, of which the only decent ones aren't even ours and a fair few got injured just by signing a contract. They haven't had a preseason and are basically learning as they play - which never works in football.

My beef is with Eisner. Fair enough we didn't have to worry during the lockdown year but that's all he's done so far. I honestly think they are deliberately sabotaging our clubs chances of promotion ever since they took control. The Oxford playoffs proving my point in my opinion.

The rot started with jackett, who's contempt for our yoof began the shocking deterioration of our youth set up culminating in the virtual decimation of the squad this season. Eisner couldn't afford to fire his manager - an unbelievable position for an owner who claims ambition. 

Eisner knows getting up will cost him a fortune. He'd have to pay transfer fees for a start. And the championship is littered with bankrupt clubs. Fair enough, but you can try. You don't get there on free transfers in August and loans signings from Prem clubs who are never going to play for them.

Most of us don't want us spending cash like sunderland, Ipswich and co but you can get there if you back the manager intelligently. We've seen Luton, Blackpool, Barnsley and Coventry wave us on way up and the latter did it without a home ground! Two of those are now established clubs with smaller grounds than us. 

I started with Pompey in 1978/79 and like many I can smell the stench of bullshet when it's about. 
 A Disneyland Milton end and a training ground where the five a side pitches aren't useable is not a sign of a club on the up.

IWe were never going up this season. All Eisner is doing is keeping the club in saleable condition.
Some very good points there Lawrence. Credit to ME for getting us through the pandemic & paying staff wages. Now appears to be more interested in patching up the ground to get a new H&S certificate from the Council. Building the capacity back up for a possible sale. I think we should have thought harder about moving & building a new ground & finding a Maor Household Name Ground sponsor. For a previous Disney CEO I'm really surprised about the lack of Marketing & Sponsorship. I can't believe Portsmouth University pays Big Bucks to Sponsor our shirts. We need to look to generate more off the field revenues. 
The Championship frightens the pants off the owners. They will have to be prepared to pump around £10M in or transfers & salaries to compete at the top of the division. There's a hell of a lot at stake to get back to the promised Land of the Premier league. He's seen what's happened at Derby who missed out by the skin of their teeth now in Administration.
the five aside pitches being out of use is hardly their fault. Has anyone tried to get a builder to do something quickly this year? No doubt on the to do list. OR they are doing a compete redesign of the Roko site and the pitches will be moved anyhow. I still hope they might buy Rugby Camp and Covers and build a new stadium but with all the detailed info on fratton park development coming out can't see it happening unless we get promoted and push up the champ.