TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: If We Could Turn Back the Clock?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AMBITION that's all I ask for . To my mind the Eisners lack that vital ingredient- apart from ground redevelopment, much of which was necessary anyway and increases the value of the property. Where do they want to take this club, up? down? or treading water as per the last few years. They have shown no inclination whatsoever to invest properly in the playing staff, but in effect this season have possibly put the club's existence in League One in jeopardy.
Perhaps I am simplistic but I don't see the point in owning a football club if you are not prepared to invest in the playing staff to bring improvement in the results and the quality, which recent recruiting in the bargain basement has threatened.
We know we're not going to get in the premier league. I know a lot of people found the experience rather cold but it was great to see some of the top players and also to have an excellent team producing memorable results. Not using the money to drastically improve the ground was criminal and we certainly need the facilities to be dragged into this century.

I grew up watching Pompey in the old div 2 then getting relegated in the late 70's, sadly I think the norm will be kids growing up with Pompey as a league one/two side with an odd cup run...we won't be going up under the Cowleys although I'd love to be proved wrong. Mainly because Michael Eisner doesn't believe in serious investment in the team. We knew that when he bought the club but I must admit I did expect better players and the ground to be rebuilt or in a new location. Obviously I was too optimistic.

I don't have the appetite anymore to watch shite football so I'll pick and choose but if we slide down the table and get relegated I don't think we can rely on the kind of support we've had in the past anymore.

Long term planning is difficult to deal with as for many of us, we've had this ground more or less for 50 years and more. We don't want to hear brick by brick or a project that could take another 10 years. Things change quickly in football, I find it hard to be patient after the dross I've witnessed since 2010 (mostly).
Pages: 1 2