TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Saturday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Weather looking horrendous with heavy rain forecast from 9am until late and 50mph gusts. Any chance we can deem the pitch unplayable and reschedule the game when we have hopefully hit a bit of form  Big Grin
We need about 4 transfer windows first … reschedule it after that ! Smile
Also, for those travelling from the West, junction 9 (Whiteley) to Junction 11 (Fareham) of the M27 (Eastbound) is closed all weekend. Could be a fair few Sunderland fans, those lucky enough to be petrol rich, that could get caught up in what is likely to be massive congestion on the old A27.
(01-10-2021, 07:59 AM)JIMBON Wrote: [ -> ]Also, for those travelling from the West, junction 9 (Whiteley) to Junction 11 (Fareham) of the M27 (Eastbound) is closed all weekend. Could be a fair few Sunderland fans, those lucky enough to be petrol rich, that could get caught up in what is likely to be massive congestion on the old A27.

Or they could travel by train.

Just saying.  Smile
The worse the conditions, the better our chances perhaps.

Mud always used to be the great leveller but, in these days of decent pitches,  perhaps the lottery of a game played in high wind and rain may be our salvation, neither side will be used to a pitch with water in it, crosses will be moving in the wind and the ball slippery to control or catch.

Sunderland won’t relish playing in such conditions and it may help end their eight game unbeaten run, I just hope we get the breaks and make less defensive errors than they do.

Always remember the swimming gala at Fratton Park against Leicester to see what rain can do.
I wonder what the chances are of the matched being postponed or abandoned as it was against Wycombe many years ago?
"Always remember the swimming gala at Fratton Park against Leicester to see what rain can do."

Yeah, we lose two-nil. Undecided
Sounds perfect for playing the biggest side we can put out. Harrison and the like might be worth a runout. Certainly not a day for tippy tappy football from the back. Never know Baz could get himself a goal, but best not play sweeper keeper or Sunderland's keeper will!
Tufnell

That’s what I mean, the better team (Pompey) dragged down by conditions.

As I remember, it was alleged that the referee was reminded that Sky had everything set up to televise the match live and he let the match go ahead. His masters at the FA were mightily displeased at the farce that unfolded on TV
^ Ah, got you. From memory there was one corner where it was more pond than just standing water - it was actually possible to float the ball in.
Highway England have announced that due to weather conditions over the weekend they have cancelled the original plan and now are shutting the Motorway from 9pm tonight till 6am Saturday morning only.
Thanks BlueBob
I'd take a 2-0 loss right now ;-)
Ever the optimist, I’m going for 2-1 Pompey and Marquis to score at the Fratton End .
See previous note re M27 closure tomorrow eastbound. This closure has been cancelled by the Highways people due to bad weather, so the M27 will be open. See extract from  Southern Daily Echo report below.

WARNING of severe weather has forced the cancellation of road works on a busy motorway.
The M27 was due to be closed between junction 9 and 11 eastbound this weekend.
But the work has been postponed following the announcement of a yellow weather warning.
(01-10-2021, 04:54 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]See previous note re M27 closure tomorrow eastbound. This closure has been cancelled by the Highways people due to bad weather, so the M27 will be open. See extract from  Southern Daily Echo report below.

WARNING of severe weather has forced the cancellation of road works on a busy motorway.
The M27 was due to be closed between junction 9 and 11 eastbound this weekend.
But the work has been postponed following the announcement of a yellow weather warning.

Southern Daily Echo ffs?   Smile
I'd agree that Marquis might just break his bad run. Hopefully we might go a game without giving a goal away too
What does a bit of wind and rain prevent road repairs?
(01-10-2021, 06:08 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I'd agree that Marquis might just break his bad run. Hopefully we might go a game without giving a goal away too
Neither very likely sad to say but the conditions could disrupt them & bring them down to our current level. 2-2 Draw!
I'd suggest getting there a bit earlier today. All this rain with paper printed out tickets for non season ticket holders. Not sure how well the turnstiles will pick up a soggy barcode  Big Grin
(01-10-2021, 06:08 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I'd agree that Marquis might just break his bad run. Hopefully we might go a game without giving a goal away too

I too think the weather conditions will suit Marquis. Instead of the ball running away from him from his clumsy first touch, it will get stuck in the mud finally enabling him to score.
(02-10-2021, 07:34 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]

I too think the weather conditions will suit Marquis. Instead of the ball running away from him from his clumsy first touch, it will get stuck in the mud finally enabling him to score.

Well he might scuff one in I suppose, I hope so  Smile .