TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Raggett
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Player of the season already for me,Let's hope he doesn't get injured, we're fcuked without him
It really comes to something when Sean bloody Raggett is your best player. But he has improved, I'll give him that.
Immense in the air and pulled off at least two last ditch covering tackles today. Always gives his all and seems far less error prone than last year.
You should always act on the most up-to-date information. Seems that Raggett is not the player he was previously. Good on him.

Deffo need another CB or 2 though.
There seems almost a reluctance to accept that Raggett is a very good player.

He made a couple of mistakes sure but he has always obviously been a good player.

I know he doesn’t look stylish and elegant but he is a very good centre half indeed, I sometimes wonder if the people who pass judgement on players ever really watch them play before handing down their pronouncements.
(03-10-2021, 06:01 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]There seems almost a reluctance to accept that Raggett is a very good player.

He made a couple of mistakes sure but he has always obviously been a good player.

I know he doesn’t look stylish and elegant but he is a very good centre half indeed, I sometimes wonder if the people who pass judgement on players ever really watch them play before handing down their pronouncements.

Spot on gaffer.

I'd go further and say there is not a better centre back in the division at the moment , and if he keeps this form up we will find it very hard to keep hold of him next summer.
I must admit in the last 2 seasons he had definitely blossomed into a very good CB. The difference betweee his first season here and currently is immense.
As ever with footballers, confidence is vital. Last season he constantly looked nervous, afraid of making mistakes. One thing I think DC is very good at is giving players confidence, know that he has their back. I think we will also see Marquis steadily improve this season as DC clearly believes in Him.
Funny really, to me he is much like Noel Blake. Lives to defend, makes a few mistakes, scores a few. Not particularly skillful but great at his main job.
And if he is not much above this standard at least we can keep him.