TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Turnbull
Bolton, Downing, Nicolaisen, Kavanagh
Close, Morris, Jewitt-White, Rew
Harrison, Hiwula,

Subs:
Seymour, Johnson, Bridgman,
Bell, Brook, Marquis, Stanley
Johnson and Marquis on the bench surprise me, Marquis there as an insurance policy ie to come on and turn the game ? Penalties ?

Peterborough look to be fielding a very strong side indeed, our youngsters may have their work cut out tonight, time for someone to step up big time for Pompey
Gah!
1-0
Ellis Harrison 
What is the Fcuking point of you
2-0

I'm listening to it on TSport2, what's Turnbull been like?
3.0 down now Sad after a good start.
Downing, Morris and Turnbull both having poor games, whilst the youngsters are lively but inexperienced, as you would expect.
Hiwula is playing well and probably deserves a start alongside Marquis on Saturday, so I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison is replaced by Marquis
at some stage in the second half.
I'm listening on the radio but unless we want to rack up a backlog of finals in a trophy we hold but doesn't matter, I think the best thing we could do would be go out of this competition. 3-0 down at half-time seems a cunning plan.
Mnonga Not in the squad. Assume he's injured?
4-0 now. 1-0 would've been a better plan :-(
Damage limitation Now! No Subs on yet!
Going out of two cup competitions in three days isn't encouraging for our league prospects.
(12-01-2021, 08:18 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]Going out of two cup competitions in three days isn't encouraging for our league prospects.

On last nights performance, it’s very evident that the cupboard is bare and who would possibly want to sign or loan any of those players, I know it was a very experienced Peterborough team but being able to run , pass and tackle is lost to that lot no matter how good the opposition.
The scouting, coaching with the likes of Kelly and daish appears to be a bit to cosy to me as well as the recruitment of the likes of downing, Morris, Harrison.
What a total waste of time and money for the eisners and the fans.
I wouldn't go writing off some of those playing last night...Downing excluded.  Smile
The lack of reserve team football isn't conducive to helping players be match ready, plus a thrown together side with a clear aim-to go out the competition. 
It has zero bearing on league form @ all. We're out the papajohns pizza trophy..oh dear how sad never mind. Promotion is absolute key.
Fully Agreed BB. Harrison, is Not a bad player &  good back up.

He also managed to score late so kept going which is a Big Plus.

Better to be able to just concentrate on the league now & Not repeat previous fixture build ups.