TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Tonight's Match
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sutton Utd just up the road from me & doing o.k. in Div 2. Won 4 out of theit last 5 games as well.

We need to win this one to make up for the diabolical defeat to the Wombles.

We were yards off the pace in the game, wasted chances & rank bad defeending after being 3-2 up with 11 minutes to go losing 5-3 shameful performance. Even though Harrison won the Match Ball with his hatrick!

Missing Baz, Azeez & Morrell all on international duty. Azeez has had a  groin strain  recently so not been consindered I read.

Be good to put out a strong attacking team tonight. Maybe 4-3-3? Any thoughts on the possible line up?
Don’t know about tonight but I saw the EFL on Quest piece on Saturday when they visited Sutton on match day, excellent reminder the the heart of football beats much more truly in the Sutton United’s, their fans and their owners than in the glory hunters of The Premiership.

How nice to see the owner, Bruce Elliot, interviewed by Colin Murray whilst walking the touch line in front of the fans just before kickoff and being amusingly upfront about the cost of Sutton’s unexpected promotion last season (new grass pitch to replace their artificial one, increased wages etc) when the target set to the team manager was to simply to survive in National League 1.

This years target ? To somehow not get relegated……instead Sutton are in the Playoff positions.

The highlights of a thoroughly exciting game against high flying Port Vale was of a 7 goal thriller which constantly ebbed and flowed in front of a decent crowd including a very decent following from Vale.

Sutton United, the very antithesis of Newcastle United and what it’s new owners stand for.
'Azeez has had a  groin strain  recently so not been consindered I read.'

Still he managed to score a cracking goal for England U20's last night.
(12-10-2021, 05:57 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]'Azeez has had a  groin strain  recently so not been consindered I read.'

Still he managed to score a cracking goal for England U20's last night.

Obviously, wasn't that bad then.

Arsenal have asked DC to nurture the player & not risk him.

DC is looking to get another Arsenal loan CB in January so some politics involved it seems.
politics or a good move to bring in a couple of young mates to help each other settle?
Normal service has been resumed I see
Too true, Oz
Great foray in this cup. Two games, conceded 7 goals.
Good policy and result, season-wise.
Yeah, season's going well so far!
those who think we should get out of all the cups early should be happy.