TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Up for the cup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, it's the tinpot but we haven't had a game for a while so I'm excited! Team looks quite strong with Jacobs, Thompson and Ahadme the interesting additions for me. Haji back in again and Downing too. PUP
I was up for it, obviously Pompey aren't. We haven't put three passes together. Absolutely dire, only Raggett doing anything. Jacobs very mediocre, Hackett absolute carp, can't win a tackle to save his life. Hirst done nothing. Ahadme, where is the player from pre-season? He's slow and falls over a lot! Need a kick up the arris at half time.
Just seen the stats. 0 shots on target, 0 shots off target. This is possibly the worst Pompey performance I can remember watching and I've seen a few bad ones. Williams, wtf? Ambling about the pitch. Jacobs - a joke. Brown - uninterested. Hirst - OMG. Ahadme - incapable of controlling the ball. I despair
(12-10-2021, 08:35 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Just seen the stats. 0 shots on target, 0 shots off target. This is possibly the worst Pompey performance I can remember watching and I've seen a few bad ones. Williams, wtf? Ambling about the pitch. Jacobs - a joke. Brown - uninterested. Hirst - OMG. Ahadme - incapable of controlling the ball. I despair

No I wasn’t up for it, the pub quiz was much more appealing.

Only interested in the League and the FA Cup, the rest is just window dressing.
I need my Pompey fix, although on reflection I could have done without it. Did you win, Gaff?
(12-10-2021, 09:57 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]I need my Pompey fix, although on reflection I could have done without it. Did you win, Gaff?

No we came second dsmg.

We won two weeks ago, tied for first but lost the tie break last week and came second this week.

The trend is downwards, we need to sack the manager  Smile .

It was a good laugh and the beer was good, that’s the main thing.
Nice one
There are still pub quizzes in this age of ubiquitous internet connected phones?
Yep they're great fun. Until a team mate convinces everyone that your right answer is wrong so you change it.
(13-10-2021, 12:54 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Yep they're great fun. Until a team mate convinces everyone that your right answer is wrong so you change it.

I wonder if Jackett used this defence to land the Orient job
dsmg talking to himself  Big Grin Big Grin