TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Horribly exposed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our lack of quality outside our first team was horribly exposed tonight. Sutton ruled the game start to finish and the score-line could have been even worse. 

So disappointing to watch players, we presume to be on the considered for first team selection, fail to deliver and display failings in effort against a Div 2 team that contained second choice players. 

I do not think this will have any effect upon how we perform Saturday BUT it has endorsed the sad fact that reserve quality does not exist.
Neil Allen seemed to think pretty much the same, with the exception of Thompson who had a good game.

Wonder if this was Downings last game for us? Went off injured and I can't imagine him getting any league action.
I can't for the life of me see how Hirst has managed to become a professional footballer.
Having enjoyed watching the HAWKS thump 5 past Concorde last Saturday - neither can I !
There were a  number of first team players involved tonight, some started and some came on as subs.e.g  Romeo, Freeman, Williams, Brown, Raggett, Jacobs. Only Raggett was as dominant as usual but othewise the defence looked weak and suspect throughout.
Harrison  came on as sub and promptly made a stupid challenge and in the process injured  himself leading to him having to be  helped off. So it looks like he will be spending another period on the sidelines, which is a problem given our lack of striking options. Also Ahadme had a poor game and never threatened at all, and Hirst ran around without making any impression. 
It was a dire match to watch, with misplaced passes, lack of ball control, too many long balls no cohesion, an altogether miserable spectacle.
First things first, where was the hugely versatile left sided defender from down Kent way who we haven't seen for weeks (or did he play in the kick about with the Cherries?). Perhaps he's going straight back into the side on Saturday and it's put a few noses out of joint although just how any of this lot can have an ego bemuses me. If Raggett picks up an injury we will be 'horribly exposed' that's for sure!
Although he was fishing around at the bottom of the tank all summer I'm not sure how Cowley came up with some of the dross he unearthed; some of them just seem to fill up the available places in the 24 man squad. If Eisner doesn't like the idea of transfer fees perhaps he should think about paying off one or two of them and taking a financial hit for the cause, although I admit that I don't know how that fits in with the playing budget. I think we've seen enough from the lad from Leicester to send him back at the earliest opportunity and don't get me onto signing injury prone players or I'll go on all night!
We are shit aren't we to be fair
(12-10-2021, 11:41 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]First things first, where was the hugely versatile left sided defender from down Kent way who we haven't seen for weeks (or did he play in the kick about with the Cherries?). Perhaps he's going straight back into the side on Saturday and it's put a few noses out of joint although just how any of this lot can have an ego bemuses me. If Raggett picks up an injury we will be 'horribly exposed' that's for sure!
Although he was fishing around at the bottom of the tank all summer I'm not sure how Cowley came up with some of the dross he unearthed; some of them just seem to fill up the available places in the 24 man squad. If Eisner doesn't like the idea of transfer fees perhaps he should think about paying off one or two of them and taking a financial hit for the cause, although I admit that I don't know how that fits in with the playing budget. I think we've seen enough from the lad from Leicester to send him back at the earliest opportunity and don't get me onto signing injury prone players or I'll go on all night!

Ex Bromley left sided defender/midfielder Liam Vincent out injured. 

He was fishing in a very small pond with all the bigger fish taken by our competitors prepared to splash the cash.

DC is watching Arsenal U/23 & reserve games hoping to pick up one or two loans in the January window.

Good thinking which the club haven't looked properly at before.

Smith Rowe has given him a foot in the door with Arteta who trusts him to nurture younger players.

ME won't invest in the team with his own money unless he has to.

Hence concentrating on the Ground to get capacity up to sell more season tickets & looking at the merchandising side of things.

I have No idea how he would cope if we did get promoted as he will have to put his hand in his own pocket!
He will need to be playing Azeez more if he wants more Arsenal youth.
We have 3 huge rocks around our necks in the form of:
Downing
Harrison
Marquis

All dead weight. All taking up a massive chunk of the budget. Its going to be freebies and loans until we can shift them off the books. I doubt we'll have many takers in January though so I'm not getting any hopes up.

We need at least 2 CB's and 2 strikers
Marquis is so far above the other strikers we have that he might just need removing from your list.
You can add Jacobs to that list. Marquis may be above the others on that list but that's due to the others either on the list or not being awful.
A lot of analysis going on in the recent posts and a greater dose of Realism, and not all nice reading.

We have what we have and - as before the game last Saturday - and football being what it is, we can cling to the hope that JM buoyed by his performance against 'moan a lot' , (sorry Sunderland) he may, at last, come good PUP.
(13-10-2021, 02:56 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]We have 3 huge rocks around our necks in the form of:
Downing
Harrison
Marquis

All dead weight. All taking up a massive chunk of the budget. Its going to be freebies and loans until we can shift them off the books. I doubt we'll have many takers in January though so I'm not getting any hopes up.

We need at least 2 CB's and 2 strikers

Well 2 of them are now injured!