TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team for Rotherham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bazunu
Freeman Raggett williams
Romeo Morrell Thompson Brown
Curtis Marquis Harness 

I don't like 3 at the back but we have no players, so will keep formation consistent with what DC has picked. 

Could be ab option to put Thompson as a CB pairing with Raggett or as a sweeper? He should make us more solid. 

Would Tunnicliff be a better option to Williams at LB?

Prediction: lose 1-0
I predict Curtis will not even be in the squad.
(13-10-2021, 03:05 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Bazunu
Freeman Raggett williams
Curtis Marquis Harness 

I don't like 3 at the back but we have no players, so will keep formation consistent with what DC has picked. 

Could be ab option to put Thompson as a CB pairing with Raggett or as a sweeper? He should make us more solid. 

Can't see him making many changes from the last game .. why would you after a great 4-0 win ? 
Reeco (or possibly Jacobs) for Curtis will be a forced change, and beyond that Ogilvie might return if fit, but presumably there is a problem there as he did not play last night. But other than that the only changes will be on the bench.
(13-10-2021, 04:52 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-10-2021, 03:05 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Bazunu
Freeman Raggett williams
Curtis Marquis Harness 

Can't see him making many changes from the last game .. why would you after a great 4-0 win ? 
Reeco (or possibly Jacobs) for Curtis will be a forced change, and beyond that Ogilvie might return if fit, but presumably there is a problem there as he did not play last night. But other than that the only changes will be on the bench.

The consensus from some of those that watched last night seems to be that Jacobs just couldn't be arsed to even raise a sweat. Reeco will get the nod I reckon.
Why no Curtis, Jimbo?
(13-10-2021, 07:05 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Why no Curtis, Jimbo?

Suspension owing to his wagging Irish tongue
by all accounts Thompson was the only one of the fringe players who made any impression at all. He does seem to be pushing hard. A little worrying as we head into the winter months and will need a squad rather than a team.
Agree with Scumslayers earlier call, if Azeez is not getting near the team then little hope of convincing Gooners we are a good nursery for creative talent !
(14-10-2021, 08:45 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with Scumslayers earlier call, if Azeez is not getting near the team then little hope of convincing Gooners we are a good nursery for creative talent !

But he is getting near the first team though - he has played or been on the bench when not injured in nearly all the games.  He is being nurtured carefully rather than thrown in at the deep end and that is exactly the kind of treatment that Arsenal will want for their youngsters.  Not playing him in an unimportant cup game game hours after he played for England so soon after recovering from injury is a great example of how he is being taken care of.  

I can see him becoming a key part of the team as the season plays out - we are not a quarter of the way through yet, and if he does it will because of the way he is being brought along gently.
Several first team players disgraced themselves in Tuesday night's utterly wretched display, particularly Romeo who was dreadful, Jacobs anonymous, Brown poor, Freeman unconvincing. Thompson was the best of a poor bunch and might be worth including. Only Raggett who rose above the rest on the night is worth a place on that showing.
I would imagine it would be the team that faced Sunderland with either Jacobs or Azeez in for Curtis. I’d also like to see Ogilvie in for Williams
Yes Deep, and taking that view I suppose he is getting the gentle 'slowly slowly' approach.

I suspect, like many, I am frustrated at our incessant one step forward , two back performances so far.

And, if Bluetag, it is to be Jacobs or Azeez enrolled to face Rotherham then see ' Horribly exposed' above ...... it is difficult to make a case for Jacobs inclusion after Tuesday night, when he could/should have stood out!
Yeh, real shame Jacobs didn't perform well because I rate him above Curtis. Not sure how he is going to find form without match time, plus DC doesn't rate him.
It's not that DC doesn't rate him,it's that Jacobs doesn't agree with the Cowleys style of playing.
(14-10-2021, 12:50 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Deep, and taking that view I suppose he is getting the gentle 'slowly slowly' approach.

I suspect, like many, I am frustrated at our incessant one step forward , two back performances so far.

And, if Bluetag, it is to be Jacobs or Azeez enrolled to face Rotherham then see ' Horribly exposed' above ...... it is difficult to make a case for Jacobs inclusion after Tuesday night, when he could/should have stood out!

Reeco played wide left earlier in the season and even if he was poor on Tuesday I would think he is far more likely to play there than the out-of-favour out-of-form Jacobs, or what would be a horribly out of position Azeez.
(14-10-2021, 11:12 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-10-2021, 08:45 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with Scumslayers earlier call, if Azeez is not getting near the team then little hope of convincing Gooners we are a good nursery for creative talent !

But he is getting near the first team though - he has played or been on the bench when not injured in nearly all the games.  He is being nurtured carefully rather than thrown in at the deep end and that is exactly the kind of treatment that Arsenal will want for their youngsters.  Not playing him in an unimportant cup game game hours after he played for England so soon after recovering from injury is a great example of how he is being taken care of.  

I can see him becoming a key part of the team as the season plays out - we are not a quarter of the way through yet, and if he does it will because of the way he is being brought along gently.

Bang on DB that's exactly the name of the game. Look after the young talented player & nurture him along. If he's now fit after England game I can see him on the bench & hopefully getting 25 minutes at least. He's by far our most skillful midfielder with a good attitude.
Well, if Pompey are doing such a good nurturing job on behalf of Arsenal I hope we are being well paid for it….but I rather suspect we’re not.

Promising youngsters like Bazunu are one thing, able to make a significant contribution and an improvement on what we have, featherbedding Azeez is another.

If Cowley & Co are so bloody good at nurturing, wet nursing Arsenal youngsters then for goodness sake why don’t they do the same with our own ?

Are we really just to become a feeder club for the big boys.
Become? Football is a food chain. Always has been, always will be
I'm really hoping the first XI can back up the Sunderland performance on Saturday. Its clear the second XI are gash but I hope the eleven that start against Rotherham have some cohesion and effort about them.
(14-10-2021, 09:36 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if Pompey are doing such a good nurturing job on behalf of Arsenal I hope we are being well paid for it….but I rather suspect we’re not.

Promising youngsters like Bazunu are one thing, able to make a significant contribution and an improvement on what we have, featherbedding Azeez is another.

If Cowley & Co are so bloody good at nurturing, wet nursing Arsenal youngsters then for goodness sake why don’t they do the same with our own ?

Are we really just to become a feeder club for the big boys.

They do do that with our own,what makes you think they don't ?.  But letting them go because they will not make it here and giving them a good chance elsewhere is all part of that nurturing process. If any of the ones we released in the summer make it to league football it will be as much because we released them when we did rather than despite that.    

But you can't compare 17/18 year old  first and second year professionals to the likes of Azeez & Ahadme who are much older and ready for first team action. They still need nurturing though, rather than being told to sink or swim, and they are fighting for positions in the team with a group of seasoned professionals.
Bazunu
Freeman Raggett Ogilvie
Romeo Morrell Tunnicliffe Brown
Harness Marquis Recco
(15-10-2021, 04:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Bazunu
Freeman Raggett Ogilvie
Romeo Morrell Tunnicliffe Brown
Harness Marquis Recco

Not a bad shout. No Thompson?
On the bench although I do rate him more than Williams.
I would be happy to see Ogilvie back in for the long term.