TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Hirst
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rotherham don't seem to rate him at all.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...sh-3418777

Not a glowing assessment at all. I hope he was cheap!
He’s on loan and apparently can be recalled, if that’s the case we need to send him back in January
Reading the Leeds forum when they were in the Championship a lot of their fans didn't rate Bamford, he got slagged off and ridiculed. Bielsa saw something and stuck with him and he's now in the England reckoning.
Let's hope the Cowleys can do something positive with Hirst.
Unfortunately they are only coaches and not magicians.
I think we need Harry to come in with some magic !! - if not Potter then Harry with a deft sleight of hand .
I'd rather have Kenny back than Harry thanks.
Really!!!! Kenny ruined this club,Harry, for all his faults made it. He gave us the best football in decades IMO.
Nah, Kenny was shit but an honest man. Redknapp was in it for number 1.
My Nan would pose more of a threat than Hirst does up front, and she's been gone 40 years! (RIP Nan)

Dreadful excuse of a footballer, living off his dad's coat tails. Talk about chalk and cheese.

Let's not forget, he's on loan from a Premier League club! Just let that sink in.
(14-10-2021, 02:45 PM)2_Kuhl Wrote: [ -> ]My Nan would pose more of a threat than Hirst does up front, and she's been gone 40 years! (RIP Nan)

Dreadful excuse of a footballer, living off his dad's coat tails. Talk about chalk and cheese.

Let's not forget, he's on loan from a Premier League club! Just let that sink in.

Didn't realise who is dad was until now. David Hirst was a top fearless striker with Wednesday was blighted by injuries but still scored 143 goals for the club & 3 England caps. In an online article Nigel Jemson sais that if he had been injury free he could have been better than Shearer which says something about his quality. Maybe he can sort out his son asap.
(14-10-2021, 03:20 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-10-2021, 02:45 PM)2_Kuhl Wrote: [ -> ]My Nan would pose more of a threat than Hirst does up front, and she's been gone 40 years! (RIP Nan)

Didn't realise who is dad was until now. David Hirst was a top fearless striker with Wednesday was blighted by injuries but still scored 143 goals for the club & 3 England caps. In an online article Nigel Jemson sais that if he had been injury free he could have been better than Shearer which says something about his quality. Maybe he can sort out his son asap.

After Wednesday he joined that lot down the m27 for a reported £2m. He retired due to those injuries having only played 30 times for the Scummers in just over 3 years.
(14-10-2021, 03:27 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-10-2021, 03:20 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

After Wednesday he joined that lot down the m27 for a reported £2m. He retired due to those injuries having only played 30 times for the Scummers in just over 3 years.
Thanks for the info North. But a really top No 9 holding the ball up & laying on chances for his team mates at Wednesday. How old is he now? Maybe we could swop him for his son couldn't do any worse!
He's 53 Mikey
I don't understand how anybody would sign him at our level.  In fairness to the lad on Tuesday night there was no service or support whatsoever available for a striker to feed off.
Anyone who has played the game can see Hirst is not a footballer. He is a lump to kick the ball at.

When a ball is played in to the box he looks fucking lost.
(14-10-2021, 11:25 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Rotherham don't seem to rate him at all.

Hirst is this season's fall guy. A couple of late cameos from the bench and a couple as part of a collectively bad team in meaningless cup games. That's enough to judge him. I'm not saying he's great or bad but with no reserves anymore how are players, especially youngsters, supposed to do? Come on with 10 mins left and smack it in the top corner,? Ronaldo would score feck all in our team at the moment. We create next to nothing most games.

I hope once Cowley gets the first team working he can then get a squad that's motivated because that's what worries me. There's hardly anyone knocking on the front door for a game.
Lawrence, he's fucking shit mate.
He makes Lee Mills look like Filippo Inzaghi.
(15-10-2021, 06:12 AM)2_Kuhl Wrote: [ -> ]He makes Lee Mills look like Filippo Inzaghi.

Donkey Baird, Lee Mills and now Hirst
(14-10-2021, 09:04 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-10-2021, 11:25 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Rotherham don't seem to rate him at all.

Hirst is this season's fall guy. A couple of late cameos from the bench and a couple as part of a collectively bad team in meaningless cup games. That's enough to judge him. I'm not saying he's great or bad but with no reserves anymore how are players, especially youngsters, supposed to do? Come on with 10 mins left and smack it in the top corner,? Ronaldo would score feck all in our team at the moment. We create next to nothing most games.

I hope once Cowley gets the first team working he can then get a squad that's motivated because that's what worries me. There's hardly anyone knocking on the front door for a game.

Christianity Ronaldo would score feck all in our current team?!? What a ridiculous thing to say apart from the fact we put 4 past the league leaders in our last meaningful game, Ronaldo would single handedly set League One on fire. I assume that’s who you were talking about and not the 45 year old that used to play for Brazil
To address Lawrence's question directly "what are players supposed to do?" In Hirst's case he is supposed to put himself about, get in the right positions, attack the ball, try to score.

He is not doing any of those things. In fact for the recent game the highlights show him taking evasive action when the ball is hit at him.

The boy is not a goalscorer. I am not trying to be nasty or rude to him.
It would sum up football if Hurst now scored against another group of fans who totally do not rate him.
(16-10-2021, 03:31 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]It would sum up football if Hurst now scored against another group of fans who totally do not rate him.

I don’t think football is science fiction yet.
I've long said that scientific managers don't do well at Pompey.
We will probably right off Hirst and see him come back in five years time and score a hattrick. Can't see how but...