TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Reeco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Needs to go to a league two or national league club.
(15-10-2021, 02:42 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Needs to go to a league two or national league club.

I'd have agreed last season but he showed enough in the early games this season to make me doubt that, in fact in one game the bloke next to me was comparing him to Jamal Lowe when he first arrived and it was hard to argue he was wrong because he was making things happen every time he got the ball.  Not been as good in his opportunities since then but has at least  scored two very good goals this season. So  I'd still put him in the 'promising youngster' list, certainly too early to give up on him altogether.
certainly adds energy when he's on his game. Hopefully can become a little more consistent cos he has talent but has good and bad games
His performance v. sutton last Tuesday was very disappointing, but then so was everybody else's. I think he needs to get stronger physically, he was knocked off the ball too often, also his crossing needs to improve.
Reminded me of Rashford a bit in those flash in the pan games at the beginning.

But let's be honest, that's what they were and once DC gets another window he won't feature.
(15-10-2021, 05:54 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Lad needs to get himself down Highbury College and learn a trade.

Half the squad will be laying bricks.
Deep
Suggest your neighbour should go along to SpecSavers !

Reeco is already 23 so he’s not exactly a young prodigy is he, loads of loan spells with clubs on his CV and no great success anywhere (not helped by his abysmal first touch).

This is one sow’s ear that will likely stay a sow’s ear I suspect, in fact, Jackett made a pig’s ear when he paid a fee for him in the first place from Bromley.

The acid test will be in June when his contract runs out, will Cowley value him enough to keep him on, I rather think YMU Group are already taking soundings elsewhere.

Anyway, in view of what I’ve written above, expect him to score a screamer against Rotherham tomorrow !
Having watched him up close at MK its hard to argue against any of the negative comments.
First touch and accurate passing about as good as a cross between Marquis and Naylor
I honestly feel his best role is as a striker , he’s got a decent shot so play him down the middle and let others do the crossing etc.
Blue tag

Yes, probably worth a shot as a striker but the trial would probably have to be in a minor game, it would be a tough call to try him down the middle against some of the ‘granite’ centre back four defenders in this league.

Not that any of our other strikers have fared well at all (what is it 3 goals between them in 12 L1 matches?), on those numbers DC might as well chuck him in at the deep end today at Rotherham ….but obviously won’t.
(16-10-2021, 09:37 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Blue tag

Yes, probably worth a shot as a striker but the trial would probably have to be in a minor game, it would be a tough call to try him down the middle against some of the ‘granite’ centre back four defenders in this league.

Not that any of our other strikers have fared well at all (what is it 3 goals between them in 12 L1 matches?), on those numbers DC might as well chuck him in at the deep end today at Rotherham ….but obviously won’t.

If he replaces Curtis today it could well be as one of the front two wth Marquis in a 352. 

If so,  14/1 to score first (or 5/1 anytime) are good odds for someone playing in that position.
I do see him as more of an old fashioned inside forward , so adapting to a striker should be no problem , LBH if Hirst and Harrison can do it he should have no problems
Blue tag

I watched the finest inside forward ever to wear the Blue Shirt and White shorts of Pompey i.e. Len Phillips in the pre-Championship, Championship and post- championship seasons.

Some pointers for Reeco from watching the Master at work:

All Reeco has to do is to learn how to kill a ball with either thigh or instep, pull an opponent to him and then release a perfect weighted ball anything up to 30 yards with deadly accuracy (helps of course if you have Harris or Froggatt already on the move as your targets).
Weigh in with some goals - Len was not a prolific goal scorer but a goal every 5 games wasn’t too shabby when you added in the hundreds he set up.

Sad that after a glittering football career he ended up on the shop floor at Airspeed, I met him in his declining years (fairly acute memory loss had caught him) at a Pompey book launch , a great privilege to meet one of my Back to back Championship hero’s.

A good idea for Reeco might be to spend his afternoons practicing, practicing, practicing ……and then practice some more (I don’t think he does at the moment, if he does, well, it isn’t showing). He does seem to have a bit of flair but it’s buried beneath ordinariness, his future is up to him.
Exactly, if it was up to me I wouldn’t renew his contract