TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cowley out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cowley, a Sunday league manager that got lucky. The coont is clueless.
Rotherham are promotion contenders. We are top half contenders
(16-10-2021, 06:09 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Rotherham are promotion contenders. We are top half contenders

Agreed about Rotherham but I'm not sure we are at present.

Something needs to change dramatically.
The coont managed to beat Sunderland 4-0.
This is how I see the season going, very much stop start, up down until Cowley (aka the coont) has time to get the team he wants and gets them to gel.
Happy to give him/them time.
(16-10-2021, 06:09 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Rotherham are promotion contenders. We are top half contenders

Rotherham might well be one of the promotion contenders, but Pompey are at serious risk of becoming relegation fodder. We struggle to create goal opportunities, let alone scoring any. Combine this with a defence that leaks like a sieve. There is only one way this team is going at present and that is downward spiral toward the bottom. 

Every week I’m hoping and expecting an improvement in the teams performance, but there is nothing I’ve witnessed to date that would warrant an upturn in fortunes.

Plus I don’t buy all this bollix about needing 3 transfer windows to build a team the Cowleys can call their own. Redknapp turned us into a Championship winning team in just one transfer window. 

I accept the Eisners have not helped matters by giving the management tuppence to create a competitive squad, but the Cowleys appear out of their depth. The clue is in their job title, they are coaches and not man managers. Pompey have never been successful with a young relatively inexperienced manager.

If results continue, I can’t see the Cowleys being in charge after November. The writing is already on the wall.
"Redknapp turned us into a Championship winning team in just one transfer window."
He did that. Junked 11 of the team he inherited. He also brought in Paul Merson. Enough said.
"Plus I don’t buy all this bollix about needing 3 transfer windows to build a team the Cowleys can call their own. Redknapp turned us into a Championship winning team in just one transfer window. "

ITV Digital collapsed. Milan bankrolled us and the only teams that could compete were the teams that came down from the Premiership.
DC brings in a dozen players and people say it’s not his team... maybe if he buys 100 we might find 11 decent ones. Harry knew a player but DC doesn’t seem to.
You're right FP, Harry didn't buy 100 players, he bought 91.
Why compare DC to Harry? Harry had more money to play with and was brilliant at spotting established Premiership and international players. Was pretty poor in the loan market and bought his fair share of duffers - reckon he would be a disaster with the budget he would get at FP.
The bloke's happy being a tv luvee at the moment and talking about jam roly polys, can't see him getting back in the game. After all I don't recall his last stint at Birmingham being too successful .
Harry's a coont, and so is Defoe
Harry's a coont, and so is Defoe
Get out of my club now you mad useless dribbling coont. Sorry exgaffer but it’s time Danny Cowley joined you in retirement
Left. Couldn't watch anymore
(19-10-2021, 08:16 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Left. Couldn't watch anymore

WE WANT COWLEY OUT, WE WANT COWLEY OUT!

Give him the treatment we gave Steve Cotterill

TAXI’S OUTSIDE YOUR TAXI’S OUTSIDE DANNY COWLEY YOUR TAXI’S OUTSIDE!
If you're going to give him the treatment say "I" not "We", you don't speak for me (yet)
(16-10-2021, 04:11 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I had not really thought about it. Today Tunnicliff back at the false number ten thing. Have we won when we move him from midfield to play there? We always seem weaker from what I can recall?

Tunnicliffe & Morrell were the two sitting midfielders yesterday, admittedly Tunnicliffe has licence to get forward more like he did so successfully at the start of the season but the number 10 role was Harness , playing behind  Marquis & Curtis.  

For me the problem with Tunnicliffe is a lack of pace. He sometimes uses his strength well to compensate for it but we need someone there with a bit more sharpness and zip.
What like Azeez?
Pages: 1 2