TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: FA cup rd 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A scary prospect. Anyone away would be a likely defeat. Havant still in the cup...
Totally agree about away form. We look a very nice team to play against. Sort of like any of the softer West Ham or Tottenham teams back over the years.
yes indeed.
2.2....The Hawks will replay at home to Torquay
(16-10-2021, 04:07 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]2.2....The Hawks will replay at home to Torquay

I'd rather go & watch them than Pompey at present. Well done Hawks as they were lossing 2-1 after 85 mintues.
Would be nice on a Pompey away day/Sunday TV game for Hawks to be home to Sunderland .
The Hawks v Pompey would be attractive to TV, certainly a chance of an upset, a local derby (not really but it would be sold that way), tight surroundings.

All the ingredients for an upset !

Home to the very lowliest minnows preferably played in a monsoon would be our best chance of progressing I feel, here’s hoping.

Sunderland away for Pompey ? No thanks.
Harrow Borough, put your money on them
The Hawks go to Charlton if they win their replay
(17-10-2021, 12:20 PM)countofmontecristo Wrote: [ -> ]Harrow Borough, put your money on them

A massive banana skin. Fail to win this one and my patience will be broken. Whoever the manager, whoever the XI, there is a minimum standard expected.

Hopefully the players will use it to build some confidence and give them a hiding.
Watching that draw I'm reminded why ITV should never be allowed to broadcast sport.
(17-10-2021, 12:29 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]The Hawks go to Charlton if they win their replay

Let's hope they beat Torquay at home with a full capacity crowd.

Charlton away with their poor form could surprise a major upset!
Almost a perfect draw against real minnows, don’t bugger around, start a full strength side and get an unassailable lead and then make changes if DC wants to save players.

Alternative, rotate, start a half strength side, something goes seriously wrong (a Pompey Red or losing Raggett), a shock on the cards.

Take your pick !
Start full strength for me. I cannot believe even this team can fail to beat a team 7 places below Gosport (no offence intended to GB). Any slip up could signal the end for DC I imagine.
This team has beaten the teams at the bottom of our own league reasonable easily.
Since we've been back in the lower league it is always a worry when our players think it is an easy game though.
Hawks winning 4-2 in replay tonight.
That's how it finished. Best of luck Hawks at the Valley
Fantastic for them! Wonder how many will fancy a trip to London vs the tortures of Fratton Park?
Great effort, they deserve their day at The Valley
I live in the London area so may try to get a ticket.

I still remember the F.A. Cup tie years ago at the Old Valley which held 60,000 then.

There were 30,000 there with 15,000 from Pompey.

We went 1-0 down then Norman Piper I think equalised in the 2nd half & it went bollistic!

Great Day out with a few beers at th eWooden Bridge, Guildford on the way up & back!

But, we somehow lost the replay a few days later at FP 3-1 I think the score was.
That was my local when I was at Surrey University, many moons ago. A pint of lager was cheaper than a pint of Pepsi. An absolute dump of a pub but cheap as chips
Those were the days! I'm surprised it's still there tbh.
Harrow in the same league as Gosport Borough who are 10-12 points ahead of them. Real minnows then.
(21-10-2021, 04:29 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]I live in the London area so may try to get a ticket.

I still remember the F.A. Cup tie years ago at the Old Valley which held 60,000 then.

There were 30,000 there with 15,000 from Pompey.

We went 1-0 down then Norman Piper I think equalised in the 2nd half & it went bollistic!

Great Day out with a few beers at th eWooden Bridge, Guildford on the way up & back!

But, we somehow lost the replay a few days later at FP 3-1 I think the score was.

We lost the replay in front of 30 odd thousand 3-0.

I remember it well, I was at college in Plymouth at the time. I hitched home for the match then had to hitch back straight after the game. I got fecking soaked and got back just in time to have a wash and change and go in for an exam.

The joys of following Pompey eh?  Smile