TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Fecking Abysmal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Myself and several hundreds if not thousands left after the third goal. I’m afraid the Cowleys are out of their depth. Persevering with 3 at the back. Failed to buy a striker and another CB in the summer. No creativity in midfield. Plays a sweeper keeper and as soon as he quickly releases the ball they pass it back to them. Ipswich are no great shakes but their desire to win was better, especially after a poor first half and a Raggett cock up to gift them a goal. Make no mistake about it, if something doesn’t happen soon we will be in a relegation fight.
That American Twat sat in LA and his mug manager Cowley are reducing my Pompey to a laughing stock !

Please let something happen to end this misery
What do mean "soon be in a relegation fight", we're in it now.
I wonder when was the last time we let 4 in two games on the trot?
(19-10-2021, 08:28 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder when was the last time we let 4 in two games on the trot?

What makes you think we won’t concede another?
(19-10-2021, 08:32 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-10-2021, 08:28 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder when was the last time we let 4 in two games on the trot?

What makes you think we won’t concede another?

We can but hope.
I agree with Suffolk we are in a relegation fight
Ipswich are in shock
So much for the 'tight' game......we just rolled over
the rolling over is the biggest worry of the lot
(19-10-2021, 08:25 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]That American Twat sat in LA and his mug manager Cowley are reducing my Pompey to a laughing stock !

Please let something happen to end this misery

5 points off the playoffs now, let's hope the American twat's mug manager continues to turn things round. 
Is that what you were hoping for to end your misery?
Playoffs as a minimum but, in reality, Championship football.

I’d smile at making the playoffs but really enjoy being back in Division 2.

Enough said ?

I guess you’re smiling all the time Tomsk regardless, nothing wrong with that, it’s just that some people are more easily satisfied than others.
I do tend to smile a lot but that's nothing to do with football it's because I'm just generally such a nice chap.
I wouldn't say I'm satisfied it's more a case of understanding, patience and holding your nerve rather than having a hissy when we don't win every game playing like Barcelona.
To be fair to Wighty, (as the title suggests) the context of his post was during an absolutely abysmal set of performances. We are all glad they are showing some signs of improvement.

Fingers crossed there will be a bit of momentum now.
Well Tomsk, when you’ve had 75 seasons and 17 league games as have I, you will have long since come to the conclusion that showing understanding, patience and holding your nerve is a waste of time.

It simply rewards you with 6 promotions and 8 relegations for instance, you get to endure 43 team managers the great majority of whom were incompetents….and too many seasons of nothing.

It seems that to criticise is to be accused of having a hissy fit…..I think you must be one of those JCLs with only 30 - 40 seasons behind them ie you’re an absolute beginner in the supporter stakes !
Ooh be careful not to judge people as to what type of supporter they are, I've seen meltdows on here about that too!!  Smile
(16-11-2021, 03:04 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Well Tomsk, when you’ve had 75 seasons and 17 league games as have I, you will have long since come to the conclusion that showing understanding, patience and holding your nerve is a waste of time.

It simply rewards you with 6 promotions and 8 relegations for instance, you get to endure 43 team managers the great majority of whom were incompetents….and too many seasons of nothing.

It seems that to criticise is to be accused of having a hissy fit…..I think you must be one of those JCLs with only 30 - 40 seasons behind them ie you’re an absolute beginner in the supporter stakes !

Great post!! According to some posters we have to be patient for around 4 seasons and then we change the manager...
(16-11-2021, 03:04 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Well Tomsk, when you’ve had 75 seasons and 17 league games as have I, you will have long since come to the conclusion that showing understanding, patience and holding your nerve is a waste of time.

Are you related to that simpleton cowespompey?

Think yourself lucky Wighty a  good proportion of the teams that have been in the football league in those 75 seasons havn't had anything like the successes we have had at PFC. 

You have forgotten to add in an FA Cup Win, Runners Up, 3 Semi Finals, a Paint Pot Win & Runners Up.....

Yeah it had been a rollacoster ride supporting PFC, no use moaning about it, is what it is. Tongue
rollercoaster indeed. Hardly a midtable season in the lot. For which I am very grateful, better a relegation fight than a series of meaningless games.
I went to my first match in 1962 (Old Div 2) - in the following 12 seasons we had one 1967/8 when we flirted with promotion and three or four memorable cup games. Other than that it was mind numbing mediocrity for season after season.

In comparison the last 12 seasons have been memorable, Cup wins,Semi Finals, Promotions, Relegations, Wembley visits, a European Tour etc etc.

Wighty you really are talking out of your bottom !!
Not really. He remembers when we were champions of England, twice.
(16-11-2021, 04:23 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]

Great post!! According to some posters we have to be patient for around 4 seasons and then we change the manager...

Jiz believes him  Big Grin Big Grin
(16-11-2021, 11:46 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]Jiz believes him  Big Grin Big Grin

You have to make allowances Savs, Jiz is still feeling a bit raw after being given "the order of the boot" from POL.

It has upset him condsiderably,  poor boy will probably never be the same again. Big Grin Big Grin
(17-11-2021, 01:27 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-11-2021, 11:46 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]Jiz believes him  Big Grin Big Grin

You have to make allowances Savs, Jiz is still feeling a bit raw after being given "the order of the boot" from POL.

It has upset him condsiderably,  poor boy will probably never be the same again. Big Grin Big Grin

You're very funny Ex. Glad to be away from the wokists on that site.