TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cowleys out - Wilder in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kenny was rightly binned, but we have a management team who should not be trusted with more of the clubs money in the transfer market and who cannot get the team set up or performing adequately.  No sign of the decline being averted.  They have unfortunately proved to be the wrong choice.  It happens, but the Eisners need to act now.  They are billionaire and oe assumes have made much more difficult and obvious decisions in their professional lives. Difficult conversations to be had - get Wilder in
(19-10-2021, 08:58 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Kenny was rightly binned, but we have a management team who should not be trusted with more of the clubs money in the transfer market and who cannot get the team set up or performing adequately.  No sign of the decline being averted.  They have unfortunately proved to be the wrong choice.  It happens, but the Eisners need to act now.  They are billionaire and oe assumes have made much more difficult and obvious decisions in their professional lives. Difficult conversations to be had - get Wilder in

As if he would come here to this massive pile of shit.

Get real, cheap options only at this dump of a club.
Unless a clear promotion plan with financial backing is on offer,I'm afraid we wont attract the likes of Wilder.
Changing the manager doesn't stop these players being shit.
I have calmed down a bit after last night. I was not a nice person to be around after that. Thanks Pompey.
We wanted Cook out. That campaign went on for ages, then somehow Cook changed his tatics and all was well in the world and we got promoted. Then we wanted Jackett out. After 3 1/2 years we got what we wanted. After a handful of games the campaign has started again.
Without any serious money, who on earth would want to come to Pompey? Languishing in the third division with (mostly) fourth division players?
Surely to attract a decent manager, lets go crazy here and say Eddie Howe, without a clear vision of where we want and need to be in a few seasons, without a insight into what funds were available for players and their wages, then why would he come here? Or any other decent manager for that reason.
I do feel sorry for the Cowleys, they do seem to be trying with one arm tied behind their backs.
"I do feel sorry for the Cowleys, they do seem to be trying with one arm tied behind their backs".

No-one has forced him to:
buy Hirst and, even worse, play him
promote H-F over Jacobs
ignore the huge issues at the back and up front whilst overloading the squad with average midfielders
ignore playing the most promising player in the squad
persist with a system which clearly does not suit the players at his disposal

OK, he wasn't been given a great foot-up during the summer, but he's evidently gone all Jackett on us and is making inexplicable decisions and putting us on the worst run since Cooks poor spell.
To be fair we don't train the players every week so we don't know what's going on with Michael Jacobs.

If we're looking for someone to blame for Jacobs failing to start games then I think we rather ought to start with Jacobs himself.
Jacobs and the Cowleys don’t get on for whatever reasons, it happens, move on.
(20-10-2021, 03:00 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Jacobs and the Cowleys don’t get on for whatever reasons, it happens, move on.

Jacobs made it quite clear he did not want be at this club in the summer, and the way he has performed in his 5 appearances this season just re-inforce that position. He clearly does not want to be here.  He has done nothing to persuade any manager to pick him. 

He is one of the higher wage earners so that attitude is a disgrace IMO. I just hope he is lining himself up with a club in January because we need him to go to strengthen the squad. 

Saying he should be playing just because those that are are not performing well is illogical, he has performed even worse when given the chance.
I wouldn't judge Jacobs on a recent run out in the 2 Bob bit trophy. In a stronger line up he'd still be better than the woeful HF.
(20-10-2021, 03:57 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't judge Jacobs on a recent run out in the 2 Bob bit trophy.  In a stronger line up he'd still be better than the woeful HF.

Only if his mind is on performing well rather than going through the motions to pick up his pay cheque before he can get away.
(19-10-2021, 10:40 PM)STEVE Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-10-2021, 08:58 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Kenny was rightly binned, but we have a management team who should not be trusted with more of the clubs money in the transfer market and who cannot get the team set up or performing adequately.  No sign of the decline being averted.  They have unfortunately proved to be the wrong choice.  It happens, but the Eisners need to act now.  They are billionaire and oe assumes have made much more difficult and obvious decisions in their professional lives. Difficult conversations to be had - get Wilder in

As if he would come here to this massive pile of shit.

Get real, cheap options only at this dump of a club.

Criticise the team, the manager, the stadium or the owners but none of them make the club. If you think we are a dump of a club then go support the Scummers.
Pressure the Eisners to build now and sell.
(20-10-2021, 02:50 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]"I do feel sorry for the Cowleys, they do seem to be trying with one arm tied behind their backs".

No-one has forced him to:
buy Hirst and, even worse, play him
promote H-F over Jacobs
ignore the huge issues at the back and up front whilst overloading the squad with average midfielders
ignore playing the most promising player in the squad
persist with a system which clearly does not suit the players at his disposal

OK, he wasn't been given a great foot-up during the summer, but he's evidently gone all Jackett on us and is making inexplicable decisions and putting us on the worst run since Cooks poor spell.

Well you could argue that Eisner's budget/ambition meant shopping in Lidl while everyone else is in Waitrose. The warning signs were there in the summer with that released players shet show. 

How do you get anyone else anyway. Im sure that showing wilder an empty field and saying that's our 2021 academy would get him signed on!
The thing about this tedious argument is that even if Eisner gave Cowley £11M to buy 11 x £1M players, if they weren't hits, the fans would have a go at the Eisners and say that £11M wasn't enough.