TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: team scores
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the News are being kind as ever.
Here's my go as nobody else has had a go.
Baz 3 time for a break. bad mistake and should have stopped the third easily. Too young to cover behind such a dire defencive team performance.
Freeman. 3 Stop making him look stupid, he can't play there.
Raggie 5 Not a lot wrong King Canute could not turn the tide either
Williams. 3 Not sure I actually noticed him at all.
Romeo. 4 Kept on running, seems to forget that he needs to defend too. 
Tunnicliffe 3 Really bad tackle at the start, did not improve. Now understand why the TV pundits said how nice it was to see him playing as he is capable back at the start of the season. ie he does not turn up often enough.
Morrell. 5 Looks decent with the ball , if we slowed down and tried passing rather than dashing about he would be very useful.
Brown. 3. As with Romeo needs to remember to defend as well as run about a lot. Does not seem to make a difference as captain, surprisingly.
Harness. 2 Missed the only chance. Ran around a lot, passed into touch a lot. Not sure I remember him playing a pass to the striker at all, which is a pretty important part of his job. Really stupid petulant tackle could of got a red for that. 
Curtis. 2 Ran around a lot. Made a stupid tackle for no reason. Got booked. Shouted at the referee a lot. 

Hirst. 4 Had a shot, got it on target. 
Reeko. 4 Came on ran around. Too late by then anyhow.

Ref. 5 Mixed. Not to blame for us giving up. Played the advantage a lot. Probably let their centre mid make too many fouls. Did listen to his lino and gave a yellow for a professional type foul thing.
(19-10-2021, 10:08 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]the News are being kind as ever.
Baz 3 time for a break. bad mistake and should have stopped the third easily. Too young to cover behind such a dire defencive team performance.
Tunnicliffe 3 Really bad tackle at the start, did not improve. Now understand why the TV pundits said how nice it was to see him playing as he is capable back at the start of the season. ie he does not turn up often enough.
Morrell. 5 Looks decent with the ball , if we slowed down and tried passing rather than dashing about he would be very useful.
Brown. 3. As with Romeo needs to remember to defend as well as run about a lot. Does not seem to make a difference as captain, surprisingly.
Harness. 2 Missed the only chance. Ran around a lot, passed into touch a lot. Not sure I remember him playing a pass to the striker at all, which is a pretty important part of his job. Really stupid petulant tackle could of got a red for that. 
Curtis. 2 Ran around a lot. Made a stupid tackle for no reason. Got booked. Shouted at the referee a lot. 

Ref. 5 Mixed. Not to blame for us giving up. Played the advantage a lot. Probably let their centre mid make too many fouls. Did listen to his lino and gave a yellow for a professional type foul thing.

It is completely understandable that you've missed out Marquis; I genuinely do not remember him touching the ball tonight. He was mostly a spectator as it sailed over his head into touch time and time again.
(19-10-2021, 10:12 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-10-2021, 10:08 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]the News are being kind as ever.

It is completely understandable that you've missed out Marquis; I genuinely do not remember him touching the ball tonight. He was mostly a spectator as it sailed over his head into touch time and time again.

oops.
I think he had one pass to him in the first half and some high hit and hopes to watch go over his head. 
Marquis. 3.  Curtis hates him. John thinks Cowley is a joke. Harness never bothered passing to him either today. Must look at his share of the transfer fee and thank God for small mercies.
Mostly agree. Freeman is one of the worst players we have had in a long time. Def time for Baz to be rested. Williams is a dreadful signing. Marquis treated with total disrespect by Cowley again and for all his running the team give him nothing to work with. Azeez?... what is going on there?
I'd give them all 3. Baz is still my first choice keeper but unfortunately playing sweeper keeper will result in a few mistakes. If we didn't keep passing backwards instead of forwards it wouldn't put him under such pressure. I also like Tunnicliffe although he's not the player for when the chips are down.
Baz remains my first choice but it seems reasonable after 8 in 2 to give him a breather against Accrington and let Bass have a spell - he won't let us down.