TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Get real.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everybody’s feeling crap because we’ve been humiliated and let in eight goals in two games. How far the  Cowleys or Tornante are to blame for that is debatable. The squad is clearly unbalanced with some players still on pre-covid wages and probably resentful that they’re for the chop, with others resentful about those high wages. Fantasies about the  Eisner’s selling up, fan boycotts, Wilder/Harry et al are just that - fantasies. Seeing Pompey supporters in a mass fire drill after the third goal was depressing, as was the mercifully brief chant of we’re fvcking shit. 
Seeing Cowley bravely applauding the fans on his own at the end was uplifting. 
Time for some proper support to help the team get through a difficult season.
Sorry who's fault is it then?
Last night was a bit of a shock, but time to hold your nerve. Beating the top of the table by 4 and then getting battered twice in a row by 4 is a bit difficult to explain but if ever there was a time for the players to pull their fingers out it's now.
Who's = who is.
(20-10-2021, 01:13 PM)STEVE Wrote: [ -> ]Who's = who is.

Absolutely, standards need to be kept up, even at a shit dump like our shit club.
He might or might not be a decent manager, but he don't lack for guts.
The thing that bothered me most last night was that, when the goal went in, all the players heads dropped. They were not going to come back.
Respect for Cowley shot up when he fronted up the FE at the end of the game yesterday.

But do you know what? The FE didn't skip a beat singing 'we're fucking shit' from before he started walking up right through to when he disappeared down the tunnel.

That tells me the FE were sticking it to the players last night, and rightly so in my view.
It's unfortunate in a way that DC is actually a very likeable and decent guy (even accepting his psycho babble!). It makes it harder to stomach the mess we are in which has to be in part down to him.