TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ipswich Highlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just watched & made me Cringe more like "Lowlights". As the commentary said there were No challenges being made & the ball was constantlt being given away by sloppy passing. The player attitude needs to chaqnge imediately & that's down to DC & his brother to address. If there's No desire from the players thgey're Not going to win games. DC is struggling especially with the defence & needs to get in a part-time defensive coach like KJ did using Stuart Pearce. The Keeper needs help as well maybe Alan Knight could be called upon?
Once the defence is sorted out & comfortable with a system - Back 4 needed Not good enough to play a 3. Then Midfield needs sorting out. We need to play with 2 defensive midfielders to protect the Back 4 as we are leaking goals like a sieve!
So 4-2-3-1 for immediate attempt to stop the rot. The 3 can include Harness are current best attacker, Curtis & Azeez or Jacobs. Upfront Marquis for now but Harrison when fit again. We urgently need our injured defenders back so get to Xmas mid-table if possible. January transfer window will determine whether we push for the play offs yet again or are relegation fodder. We are looking for Quality Not Quantity with a CB & CF vital for 2nd half of the season.
Mikey 393

Now stop it at once, that attitude is all wrong, it upsets teeftwo big time.
Watched it back and saw a different game. I thought we were on for a bore 0-0 until Bazohno had his first clanger. Heads dropped after that, and he does it again.

The three players who decided last night were Bonne, an inspired Chaplin and Bazunu. Everyone else was unremarkable and 5/10 on both sides, playing accordian crab keepball.
AS I recall NO shots on goal first half, until we gave them an early Christmas present.

The rest (for us) turned into an early Halloween horror show!
(20-10-2021, 06:05 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]AS I recall NO shots on goal first half, until we gave them an early Christmas present.

We actually had the best chance of the first half when it was 0-0, the  good move down the left, pulled back to Harness who shot narrowly wide.
(20-10-2021, 07:02 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-10-2021, 06:05 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]AS I recall NO shots on goal first half, until we gave them an early Christmas present.

We actually had the best chance of the first half when it was 0-0, the  good move down the left, pulled back to Harness who shot narrowly wide.

That’s true Deep but we didn’t actually test the keeper until just before the final whistle.

We have no goal threat to speak of and it is costing us.

There is no excuse for heads going down, these players are paid to give their all for the club and that is the least we can expect.

Teams know that they have only to score and they have pretty much won the game.

The tactics are not working and need to change.

Marquis is not performing and needs to be motivated by a few games on the bench, then we’ll see if he has what it takes.

Jacobs and Azeez need a run in the team, there’s no point having them in the squad it we’re not going to play them.

Fans can take losing if they feel the team is putting in the effort and at least trying to score goals, we are currently not seeing that, hence the discontent.
Watching that back makes the Texas Chainsaw Massacre look like Andy Pandy.

If you haven't seen Plymouths 3rd (?) goal from last night against Bolton, try and watch it. Looks like the swimming pool pitch we had vs Sun'lan is now on the list of accepted playing surfaces.