TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team for Accrington
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bazunu

Freeman Raggett Williams Brown

Romeo Tunnicliffe Curtis

Harness 

Hirst Marquis
Certainly, switching to a back four that worked reasonably well, rather than a back three that didn't, would be a step forward.
Baz
Romeo, Raggs, any defender,Brown
Morrell Thompson
Harness Tunnicliffe/Azeez, Curtis
Marquis (there is no one else).
or
Baz
Freeman, Raggs, Williams?, Brown
Romeo,Morrell,Tunnicliffe,Curtis
Marquis,R H-F
Doesn’t matter what team or system we put out because the oqlyers aren’t good enough
(21-10-2021, 11:26 AM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn’t matter what team or system we put out because the oqlyers aren’t good enough

Yes but we can still dream  Wink

I would have:

—————Bass (surprised some are sticking with Baz)
Romeo Raggett Ogilvie Brown
——-Tunnicliff ——Thompson
Harness Morrell Curtis
———-Marquis

Prediction: 3-1 loss - an improvement!
What happens after we get beaten by Accrington? How much longer does he get?
Eisner said that he wouldn’t get rid of a manager prematurely unless relegation was a threat. It’s going to be interesting if it gets to that point.
(21-10-2021, 11:26 AM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn’t matter what team or system we put out because the oqlyers aren’t good enough

They were good enough to beat Sunderland 4-0.  

Just got to get them back to that level, they have proven it is not imposiible so it does matter. 

I'd go ... 

Baz (but one more mistake and out for a bit) 
Freeman Raggett Ogilvie Brown 
    Morrell Tunnicliffe
Romeo Harness Curtis
         Marquis

Azeez to sub for Tunniciffe when he tires in the second half. 

For a home game I'd have had Romeo at RB and Reeco wide right, but I would not play Harness there because he is so much more valuable to the team in the 10 role.
(21-10-2021, 02:27 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

They were good enough to beat Sunderland 4-0.  

Just got to get them back to that level, they have proven it is not imposiible so it does matter. 

I'd go ... 

Baz (but one more mistake and out for a bit) 
Freeman Raggett Ogilvie Brown 
    Morrell Tunnicliffe
Romeo Harness Curtis
         Marquis

Azeez to sub for Tunniciffe when he tires in the second half. 

For a home game I'd have had Romeo at RB and Reeco wide right, but I would not play Harness there because he is so much more valuable to the team in the 10 role.

Sunderland was a freak result in freak conditions, that's all it was.
Bass ( Baz needs taking out of firing line )
Freeman Raggett Ogilvie Brown
Morrell Tunnicliffe
Romeo Harness Curtis
Marquis
Azeez/Jacobs on at H.T. for whoever is Not contributing enough.
Hirst for Marquis if Not on his game by H.T. as well.
I like the idea of Romeo pushed up with a fullback behind him.
and Freeman deserves a few games in his proper position having been proven not to be a centre half.
Hirst might just get a start as Marquis took the piss out of his manager when subbed and Hirst looked a little more like a player when he came on.
Rest Williams for a younger pair of legs in Thompson with Ogilvie starting.

Like the manager I think we are realising how few options he actually has.
(21-10-2021, 04:14 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Bass ( Baz needs taking out of firing line )
Freeman Raggett Ogilvie Brown
    Morrell Tunnicliffe
Romeo Harness Curtis
        Marquis
Azeez/Jacobs on at H.T. for whoever is Not contributing enough.
Hirst for Marquis if Not on his game by H.T. as well.

Yep, pretty much agree with that line up. Although I would make one change…drop Tunnicliffe. He’s been a passenger in the Pompey team for weeks now and needs a rest. Replace him with Thompson or Azeez if he’s ready???

I agree with Harness playing behind Marquis. He has displayed promise in this position before (hat trick against Burton last season).