TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Fred Dineage interview on Official site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021...interview/

Very interesting, even mentioning the Kray brothers. I bought my first car from Fred about 1980. It was a dud and kept breaking down. I got back in touch with him but to no avail!
(26-10-2021, 10:34 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021...interview/

Very interesting, even mentioning the Kray brothers. I bought my first car from Fred about 1980. It was a dud and kept breaking down. I got back in touch with him but to no avail!

Caveat emptor dsmg  Smile .

Especially when buying from well off people.
How.   Exclamation
“It was a dud and kept breaking down. I got back in touch with him but to no avail”

That’s really funny.
Peculiar or ha ha, Butchy me old mucker
I have met him several times, even sat in on him filming an interview with an ex-gangster!!
I've never met him, nor bought a car off him.
Saw him once on commercial road doing some sort of news report. Must be about 20 years ago! Nice chap. 'Propper Pompey' old Fred
(26-10-2021, 10:34 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021...interview/

I bought an Austin 1100 from Micky Mellows once. I think his brother owned the place out in Emsworth somewhere. He was all done out in classic second-hand car salesman gear - sheepskin coat, cloth cap the lot. A walking parody but an absolute gent. Charming, polite, loving my memories of him leading our line, couldn't do enough. 

Car broke down on the way back from the garage. First of many breakdowns costing most of my wages for the next three months.
He was a born-again Christian too.
I worked with a chap who was a born again Christian and a lay preacher. He was a really pleasant, friendly and helpful chap... to your face, and the most snidey, trouble making back stabber I've ever met.

Deebo

He was following the Judas Iscariat model of Christianity.

Back to Dinage. Me and a mate were at the Chelsea game a while back at the Bridge and were next to the Chelsea box when my mate, who is easily star-struck, spots poor old Fred and gives him the Dan! Dan! Dan!, Alan Partridge treatment for the whole game. Fred ignored him completely the whole match until the mate starts up with his Fred! Fred! Fred! again as Fred was leaving. Fred turned to him and gave him a lovely smile and wave so I guess he must be a very patient nice bloke.
(26-10-2021, 03:36 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]I worked with a chap who was a born again Christian and a lay preacher. He was a really pleasant, friendly and helpful chap... to your face, and the most snidey, trouble making back stabber I've ever met.

I once worked in an office of 8 people, we had a Sikh, a Muslim, a Mormon Bishop, a JW and a born again Christian. They were all very nice but deluded people  Smile . Fortunately the rest of us were sinners, so it was a nice balance.
Love the story of how he became a Pompey fan. Used to be a Bluenose until he got bitten by the Fratton Park bug when watching Birmingham beat us at FP. So he was born again too.
(26-10-2021, 01:10 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Peculiar or ha ha, Butchy me old mucker

No really funny because it looks like you’ve had trouble with transport all of your life,your mobility scooter is always in my workshop for repairs.
Ho ho ho
Lawrence McMenemy....What a pillock  Big Grin
I taught a pair of twin boys not so long ago.
Their middle names were "Reggie" and "Ronnie"
parents with a sense of humour and two lovely boys actually!

Deebo

Names like that can scar you for life. Excuse the pun.
I was once on a lunch break from a job in Fareham , and popped into Soothills bakery . Fred was in front of me and bought the last apple turnover they had . Never forgiven him for that !!!!
(27-10-2021, 04:33 PM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]Names like that can scar you for life. Excuse the pun.

I taught a kid called Wayne Kerr once. He was as well……
(28-10-2021, 05:20 AM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]I was once on a lunch break from a job in Fareham , and popped into Soothills bakery . Fred was in front of me and bought the last apple turnover they had . Never forgiven him for that !!!!

Soothills apple turnovers - an integral part of my childhood.  Never like the cloves, though.  Is Soothills still going?
Yes Soothills still there.
I used to use them quite a lot when had my business and on the road. Pasties are second to none. Big Grin