TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Remember Liam Vincent?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So he has this to say about his injury:

‘The reason it got bad in the end was because they thought it was shin splints at Bromley.
‘So when I came in at Portsmouth, I didn’t do anything for a while and then had one session.
‘That went okay, then the second session I felt it. So I got the scan and they said it was a stress response - then from there I haven’t played. I’ve literally done one session!
‘I know I’m definitely going to come back stronger from this, though.’
Now Cowley says he's training on grass and he sounds like a great fella but it does ask questions - not for the first time - about the rigor of our fitness test process before signing players.
Case in point: Clark Robertson made only 16 league appearances for Rotherham last season and I think 17 the year before. Was that a red flag for signing him in the first place? Not for the first time, the questions are arrowed towards the recruitment department.
Certainly a lack of due diligence of which even the Eisner's are guilty of.
Regarding Robertson. I think Cowley talked about his last two seasons being down to a broken bone that was not allowed to heal properly. If so, not a lot to do with a hamstring.