TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Todays ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not done this for a while, but not many comments on the game here today so .... 

Bazunu 7 Looked on edge early on but more assured after making a brilliant save
Romeo 7 Very solid and got forward well 
Raggett 7 Typically solid performance, he really does seem to have eliminatred the mistakes from his game
Ogilive 7 Not really good enough in the air to be a centre back but did well standing in and made some crucial clearances 
Brown 7 Happier at LB then wing-back and linked well with Curtis in the 2nd half 
Tunnicliffe 4 Bizarre choice ahead of Morrell today (unless he was injured) and looked poor. Him getting injured helped us IMO. 
Williams 6 OK first half, but faded badly in 2nd. Does himself no favours by looking so laid-back. 
Harness 6 no influence on the game before we scored but did reasonably well after that 
Hackett 8 MOM for me, created every dangerous situation we created in the first half and brilliant turn and pass to set Curtis through in the move for the goal. If he gets a run in the team I think we may have a decent player on our hands. 
Curtis 8 One of his going days. Looked up for it from the kick-off and always looked dangerous
Marquis 6 Somehow scraped the goal in, but otherwise another 89 mins of non-productive running around 

Subs
Thompson 7 Made another strong argument for a starting spot. I'd rlike to see him & Morrell given a chance together 
Morrell 6 too late to make an impact, should have started if he was fit
Hirst too late to even touch the ball ? 

Overall we deserved the win over 90 minutes, but a poor first half made it all not very convincing. Win again on Tuesday though and maybe a corner has been turned.
Was otherwise engaged with a funeral today
A decent win finished the day with a positive.
Thanks for posting some info, we are always much quieter when we win!
Too many off-sides.
(30-10-2021, 05:37 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Not done this for a while, but not many comments on the game here today so .... 

Raggett 7 Typically solid performance, he really does seem to have eliminatred the mistakes from his game
Ogilive 7 Not really good enough in the air to be a centre back but did well standing in and made some crucial clearances 
Brown 7 Happier at LB then wing-back and linked well with Curtis in the 2nd half 
Tunnicliffe 4 Bizarre choice ahead of Morrell today (unless he was injured) and looked poor. Him getting injured helped us IMO. 
Williams 6 OK first half, but faded badly in 2nd. Does himself no favours by looking so laid-back. 
Harness 6 no influence on the game before we scored but did reasonably well after that 
Hackett 8 MOM for me, created every dangerous situation we created in the first half and brilliant turn and pass to set Curtis through in the move for the goal. If he gets a run in the team I think we may have a decent player on our hands. 
Curtis 8 One of his going days. Looked up for it from the kick-off and always looked dangerous
Marquis 6 Somehow scraped the goal in, but otherwise another 89 mins of non-productive running around 

Subs
Thompson 7 Made another strong argument for a starting spot. I'd rlike to see him & Morrell given a chance together 

Overall we deserved the win over 90 minutes, but a poor first half made it all not very convincing. Win again on Tuesday though and maybe a corner has been turned.

Agree with all of that. Couldn’t understand Neil Allen ratings for HF, I too thought he had a good game.
Marquis arrogant celebration when he scored was so laughable. He is without doubt the worst striker I have seen in 55 years of watching Pompey.
(30-10-2021, 06:15 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-10-2021, 05:37 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Not done this for a while, but not many comments on the game here today so .... 

Subs

Agree with all of that. Couldn’t understand Neil Allen ratings for HF, I too thought he had a good game.
Marquis arrogant celebration when he scored was so laughable. He is without doubt the worst striker I have seen in 55 years of watching Pompey.

That doesn't sound bitter at all deep! Worse than Lee Mills, Lee Chapman etc etc I'm sure!! Can't think of many who've managed a goal every three games as part of some of krappest Pompey teams we've known. He must have a T-shirt at home that reads "I survived jacketball'"

I thought Hackett had a really good game. Worked really hard for the ball and run himself ragged. Just like what we like to see at Pompey. Couldn't understand Curtis being MoM. He wasn't terrible but he was guilty of some woeful shots and decision making. The others worked hard to keep out a decent looking Bolton team that had terrible luck. Most encouragingly, all of the players worked their socks off.

Overall, can't complain although that team is a bang average one that is noway going to be good enough to get promoted unless serious (ie actual) investment is made. Ive come to terms with that so it doesn't bother me.

Nice to see the ref siding with us for a change. Didn't give them a thing all day.
Not sure what the bitter comment was about. 

But I've just seen a replay of the goal and it was a much cleverer finish than was obvious watching it live, when it looked like he didn't get a clean connection.
Unless anyone has a better angle if looked to me like Marquis screwed up his timing to sweep it and ended up looping it up into the goal Zola style.

I'm not having it that he meant that!
Blue Bob posted.....

Did you see Donkey Baird, Lee Mills and Paul Gilchrist for starters ? Lol.....I agree with Deep it was a well taken goal which proved to be the difference between 2 mid table sides. Reading the Bolton forums tonight they can't believe they lost to such a dog sh*te Pompey team.

I agree with Lawrence too who posted.....
Overall, can't complain although that team is a bang average one that is noway going to be good enough to get promoted unless serious (ie actual) investment is made. Ive come to terms with that so it doesn't bother me.
(30-10-2021, 06:57 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Unless anyone has a better angle if looked to me like Marquis screwed up his timing to sweep it and ended up looping it up into the goal Zola style.

I'm not having it that he meant that!

I will watch it with interest then later. I sit right in line with the FE goal and it was well over the line as I see at least one Bolton fan queried it elsewhere
Thanks for posting Deep as I wasn't able to follow today. Reeco, also looked our best player last week against Accrington. Sounds like he's adding some consistency to his game. The main thing today was winning & 3 points.
(30-10-2021, 07:04 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Blue Bob posted.....

Did you see Donkey Baird, Lee Mills and Paul Gilchrist for starters ?  Lol.....I agree with Deep it was a well taken goal which proved to be the difference between 2 mid table sides.  Reading the Bolton forums tonight they can't believe they lost to such a dog sh*te Pompey team.

I agree with Lawrence too who posted.....

Yep watched all off those mentioned and they were equally as bad as Marquis but each one of them could control the ball something Marquis has great difficulty managing. So yes the worst I have seen.
Derek Showers?
Hamilton Thorp
(30-10-2021, 08:49 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Hamilton Thorp

Collins mbesuma
Mbesuma’s a good call but how many games did he actually have (I saw him at a pre-season friendly at Bromley - not good) - Mornar’s a better shout, and Ricardo Fuller was rubbish. And what about that little Polish fella, O-something, did he even ever get a game?
(30-10-2021, 09:11 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Mbesuma’s a good call but how many games did he actually have (I saw him at a pre-season friendly at Bromley - not good) - Mornar’s a better shout, and Ricardo Fuller was rubbish. And what about that little Polish fella, O-something, did he even ever get a game?

Think that is Sebastian Olszar. I looked it up, he played a cup tie at Anfield only lol so I never saw him play
Reeko? Suggests some good coaching going in to him.
Strikers? McGarbage? Nice perm though.

Curtis? Another assist, doing his job again.
(30-10-2021, 08:22 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Derek Showers?

Thanks for bringing that name up,nightmares for at least a week now.
(30-10-2021, 09:37 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-10-2021, 09:11 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Mbesuma’s a good call but how many games did he actually have (I saw him at a pre-season friendly at Bromley - not good) - Mornar’s a better shout, and Ricardo Fuller was rubbish. And what about that little Polish fella, O-something, did he even ever get a game?

Think that is Sebastian Olszar. I looked it up, he played a cup tie at Anfield only lol so I never saw him play

Or it might have been Emmanual Olisadebe, also Polish but played twice and an equal candidate for the flops list.
A list, which for all his faults, Marquis does not belong on with 36 goals for us in 113 games.
Jimmy Gilligan & Scott McGarvey. IMO Marquis is an average L1 striker and a very poor footballer. I still think he flunked yesterdays goal, however I’m more than happy for him to fluke one a match.