TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Azeez
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If Azeez is being 'protected' from playing in a poorly performing team, how is he going to get into one that, perish the thought, turns it around and starts playing well?

Just saying....
If he was up to it, he would be playing.

He isn't, so he isn't.

He is 19. People need to look past the Arsenal badge.
I'd like to see him getting some game time against Cheltenham on Tuesday night. Also,the same for Jacobs who only got 5 minutes at the end last week. Looked lively & was involved in the build up to the equaliser. Problem is DC isn't attacking minded enough but this looks like the ideal game for both to be involved.
We are effectively paying Arsenal to train one of their players how to work against the ball.

If this is the Eisners business plan……….
Only one appearance so far, right? Bit of a joke really
All seems very strange. The idea is that Pomey take on & progress a young talented Prem U/23 player & give him 1st team experience. So far he's only had 63 minutes. I understand he wasn't an instant hit but not bad either just needing to adjust to Div 1 which is a lot more physical with less time on the ball. DC doesn't appear to be willing to say what his plan is to integrate him into the team. Let's see if he gets some game time on Tuesday if not DC needs to start explaining himself.
Why does DC need to explain that he’s not playing an Arsenal loaner? Williams, Morrell, Thompson, Tunnicliffe are all ahead of him in the playing list . Why should we drop one of our own players for an untried ‘ could be good or could be shit’ loan players. He’s obviously not doing ‘it ‘ in training otherwise he’d be a shoe in.
(31-10-2021, 10:02 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]All seems very strange. The idea is that Pomey take on & progress a young talented Prem U/23 player & give him 1st team experience. So far he's only had 63 minutes. I understand he wasn't an instant hit but not bad either just needing to adjust to Div 1 which is a lot more physical with less time on the ball. DC doesn't appear to be willing to say what his plan is to integrate him into the team. Let's see if he gets some game time on Tuesday if not DC needs to start explaining himself.

Cowley has already said that he is being trained how to operate without the ball, as he is not used to it and evidently can't.  Begs the question, why did we take someone on loan who is not ready to fit the system.  Surely this would have been established beforehand.
Possibly the signing of Azeez is down to the same root cause as the signing of Hirst…..a cocktail of incompetence and desperation mixed with a dash of bugger all money.

Stir well but don’t expect to get much of a buzz - more a feeling of flatness (or should that be flatulence ?)
O.k. but surely it's more about what he can do on the ball?

He should be given 20 minutes late in the game with tiring defences.

I don't think we can rely on DC to tell the whole truth.

Sounds like there's been a bust up like with Jacobs who can't get a game either.
According to Andy Moon on iFollow this evening, Arsenal are to recall Azeez as he is not getting sufficient game time !
Hardly surprising & another opportunity missed unless he suddenly comes on as a Sub & scores!
might do it yet
Sounds like he nearly scored after coming on in the 73rd minute. Wish it had gone in!
(02-11-2021, 10:24 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like he nearly scored after coming on in the 73rd minute. Wish it had gone in!

Another nearly man?
I am not party to communications between The Emirates and Fratton Park but I think the message from North London is “Use him or lose him”.

If that’s the case, what level has Cowley sunk too ? Needing a kick up the arse from The Gunners to do something he might have done weeks ago.

I thought Azeez showed a couple of nice touches and tried tried to get involved but surely, at least give him an hour to show if he is as good as his agent says he is.

Other very pedestrian, lacklustre players get a full 90 minutes most weeks, Azeez bugger all.

Cowley is pretty clueless all round and is living on ‘past glories’ if that’s what his time with Lincoln represents and the slice of luck with his involvement with Smith Rowe.

How many more seasons are we stuck with him ? Is his contract for 2, 3 or 4 years ? Seems like an eternity !
Cowley today saying there is no problem with Arsenal and Azeez, quite the opposite, "we speak to them regularly, we have a very good dialogue with them and a good relationship. They know we are working really really hard with Miguel" and claims that they think it has been a brilliant loan for him because of the training he has been getting.  

Last night showed he is ready for league 1 action though, which he clearly wasn't against Cambridge and it sounds like Cowley thinks he is ready too. 

If he has a brilliant last two thirds of the season then Cowley's careful treatment of him in the first third will be proved right and everyone will be happy.
(03-11-2021, 09:42 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Cowley today saying there is no problem with Arsenal and Azeez, quite the opposite, "we speak to them regularly, we have a very good dialogue with them and a good relationship. They know we are working really really hard with Miguel" and claims that they think it has been a brilliant loan for him because of the training he has been getting.  

Last night showed he is ready for league 1 action though, which he clearly wasn't against Cambridge and it sounds like Cowley thinks he is ready to. 

If he has a brilliant last two thirds of the season then Cowley's careful treatment of him in the first third will be proved right and everyone will be happy.

Says Danny Cowley's dad..
(03-11-2021, 10:00 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2021, 09:42 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Cowley today saying there is no problem with Arsenal and Azeez, quite the opposite, "we speak to them regularly, we have a very good dialogue with them and a good relationship. They know we are working really really hard with Miguel" and claims that they think it has been a brilliant loan for him because of the training he has been getting.  

Last night showed he is ready for league 1 action though, which he clearly wasn't against Cambridge and it sounds like Cowley thinks he is ready to. 

Says Danny Cowley's dad..

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
"He's only a young boy...." says Cowley.
Aw, bless. I bet Cowley reads a bedtime story to him and gives him a peck on the forehead before turning out the light.

He's 19, for goodness sake! NINETEEN ! I don't think he's going to have a bawl if someone doesn't pass to him. I think he can handle those roughies at Accrington. I don't think he's going to blush at any saucy dressing room banter.
Otherwise you have to wonder what delicate things we are producing these days at professional level.
Right Got it! He needs Game time & we have the F.A. Cup on Saturday at home so if DC doesn't start him who's volunteering to drive him to the station? If anyone has seen his promotional video of his goals posted on here recently they'll see he knows how to spray the ball about & score goals. Play him for at least 60 minutes on Saturday & I'm pretty confident he'll deliver the goods.

D.C. is treading very careful with Arsenal because he has earmarked a young CB he wants on Loan in January. Arsenal have one of the best Acadamies in the Country Not the largest but producing very good quality youngsters including Saka & Smith-Rowe. They also have a young forward Charlie Patino who will be unleashed in th epremier league soon.
(03-11-2021, 05:03 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Otherwise you have to wonder what delicate things we are producing these days at professional level.

exactly that!!!  bunch of pansies in all the divisions. Undecided
I remember being kicked to bits when playing on the wing in the local Saturday Portsmouth league.(at 19)
Seen him play now against Harrow. Contributed nothing.
agreed. He seemed to try to hard in the first half. Trying flicks and back heels rather than the simple passing he did last game. After half time I don't think he touched the ball until his sub was warming up.
Looks read to go home to mummy to me.
Pages: 1 2