TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Early lead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems a no brainer that, this season,  we should put maximum effort into reaching the 3rd round of THE CUP  and chase that magic money winning tie . 

We have everything to gain,  and it should  have no effect on our erratic league performances .... say no more !

My big concern is that if we take a VERY early lead, say in the first three - five minutes then our friend complacency may kick in and a percentage of PFC will stop doing the housekeeping/ dirty work , i.e. leave it to someone else.... And ? 

Have we got players who really want to make a mark - prove a point ? 

To that end it seems essential to start Azeez - surely Arsenal u23 's play at a similar level - or just above ; and ( what am I saying ) give Jacobs a shot with MH on the Bench ? 

But whatever we do start MORELL and Romeo.
Best team available please.
If they lose to Harrow, they will obtain the esteemed title of the worst Pompey XI in our history. And thats an incredible achievement given how bad the lot who lost to Aldershot were.

Do they want their cards marked with that title? We'll find out. Its one thing not respecting the shirt but to not perform in this one would show they don't even respect themselves.

Its high stakes and high pressure for the team. Let's hope they don't crumble (again).
FFS Cowleys play Azeez then we won’t have to put with every fantasy league manager telling us he’s the next messiah. Do you really believe if Azeez was some wonder kid (a) he’d be here or (b) DC would be playing him.
I would love to see a midfield set up to pass the ball rather than chase after the other side.
Morrell, Azzeez, Thompson would seem a good balance between passing and energy. Add one more or play 433

up front, probably give Harness a day on the bench, play Marquis, even with a second striker!

Give Bass a chance to show what he can do but with the strongest defence we can muster.