TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pompey v minnows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know whether Harrow are the lowest ranked team we've ever played competitively? I can't recall us facing anyone similar in my time.
They'll be the lowest to do us come Saturday Eve
Am sure we won 4-1 away to a bunch of minnows on our way to the final in 2010!
I remember Minehead and Bideford back in the 70s, but don't know what level they were at.
(05-11-2021, 07:03 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]I remember Minehead and Bideford back in the 70s, but don't know what level they were at.

I think Minehead were a Southern League team when they played us, back before the days of the Conference, and pretty sure Bideford played in the Western League at the time.
(04-11-2021, 08:44 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know whether Harrow are the lowest ranked team we've ever played competitively? I can't recall us facing anyone similar in my time.

According to the News today they are the lowest level we have played since Bideford in 77/78 - memorable for Bobby Stokes scoring a cup goal for the right team. 

But they are the same level as Gosport, so not necessarily total push-overs.
on the bright side we won't be the first game in the highlights show. And we are in the hat

other than that a performance that sums up this team. Needs a lot of chances to score a goal. Then tried hard to give the other team a goal back.
Very poor indeed.