TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bazunu
Romeo, Raggett, Ogilvie, Brown
Morrell, Williams
Harness, Azeez, Curtis
Marquis

Subs

Bass, Freeman, Thompson, Ahadme, Hirst, Jacobs,  Hackett
Jewitt-White, Hughes
Bass must have thought he was in with a chance of playing,I feel a bit sorry for him.
He is becoming the oldest nipper we've ever had.
That’s a very strong team to play a bunch of minnows. If we get turned over, there can be no excuses.
(06-11-2021, 02:19 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Bass must have thought he was in with a chance of playing,I feel a bit sorry for him.
He is becoming the oldest nipper we've ever had.

Looks like he will play on Tuesday (v Palace u21s) and next Saturday at Wycombe. (Seems that game will go ahead as we have only 2 International call ups)
Good selection by Arteta....I mean...Cowley.
I just don't understand why we are training up Man Citys' keeper instead of our own. Smacks of Cowley wanting to make inroads with Premier league sides instead of what is best for our club.
Or maybe that Bazunu is a lot better than Bass
Anyway, there was a game on this afternoon...........yawn.....
(06-11-2021, 04:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe that Bazunu is a lot better than Bass

Yes, he probably is better than bass. But if he goes back at the end of the season and we are still in L1 what was the point of having him? Not only are we back where we started, we’ve also wasted a season improving someone else’s player instead of our own.
True Pedalo
(06-11-2021, 05:18 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2021, 04:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe that Bazunu is a lot better than Bass

Yes, he probably is better than bass. But if he goes back at the end of the season and we are still in L1 what was the point of having him? Not only are we back where we started, we’ve also wasted a season improving someone else’s player instead of our own.

With Bass we might not be back where we started but in L2 instead, which might be the point?
Fair point Realist. I would respectfully disagree though. We are crap but not relegation fodder crap.
I watched it on ifollow....complete garbage. This is such a piss poor team. We struggled to create many decent chances against a team 7 tiers below us.
(06-11-2021, 05:25 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2021, 05:18 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]

With Bass we might not be back where we started but in L2 instead, which might be the point?

(06-11-2021, 05:29 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Fair point Realist. I would respectfully disagree though. We are crap but not relegation fodder crap.

Whether we are relegation material is dependent on the teams currently below us. If any of those teams start picking up points we could be in trouble. Little sign that we could respond.
My word that was dull.
I guess we have found our level - Marquis certainly has.
Depressing.waste of time and money.
(06-11-2021, 05:29 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]I watched it on ifollow....complete garbage. This is such a piss poor team. We struggled to create many decent chances against a team 7 tiers below us.

Be interesting to watch/read DC disagree with you Jiz Tongue
We had 17 shots, 6 on target, and still Marquis can't score. Against a team so many leagues below us he should be able to score a hatful, but today just proves what we all know - he just hasn't got the skill needed for a number 9.
And Azeez and Ahadme couldn’t make any impact.
In his post-game interview, Cowley was (rightly) pretty damn upset at the players for once, making no excuses.
Great start by Harness. Beautiful ball along the 6 yard line. Neither Marquis or whoever came in behind him could put in the slide needed to bundle it into the net.
Created plenty of opportunities for a killer ball up to half time.
Azeez offered very little apart from show off flicks that did not come off. If he had stuck to simple passes like when he came on as sub he might have helped the team. after half time just looked ready to go home to Arsenal.
What a tedious team this is to watch.

To me we have some decent players but for whatever reason we seem incapable of putting a 90 minute performance together.
Harrow were pretty static, just packed the centre of the park which left loads of space down the wings (Romeo had the RHS to himself the whole match), but their crossing was embarrassingly bad (aside from the one for the goal). For once we had 3 or 4 players in the centre when we got forward, but almost every cross missed them.
We never seem to have more than one man in the box when a cross comes in. Which doesn't matter because most of our players can't put in a decent cross anyway.

God knows what our tactics were supposed to be today. I suspect DC is overcomplicating things somewhat. Or our players aren't listening. Both, probably.
(06-11-2021, 08:18 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]We never seem to have more than one man in the box when a cross comes in. Which doesn't matter because most of our players can't put in a decent cross anyway.

God knows what our tactics were supposed to be today. I suspect DC is overcomplicating things somewhat. Or our players aren't listening. Both, probably.

I think yesterday removed any doubt that Marquis no longer remains even a passable lower league attacker.  He was in the pocket of the two Harrow centre backs all afternoon - let's be clear on that, part-time, non league centre backs who train twice a week.

The almost complete lack of applause when he was withdrawn spoke volumes.
Pages: 1 2