TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: No iFollow Pompey commentary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I watched the Posh game and listened to the two Posh commentators (no Pompey commentary), they were a right pair of numpties, “outstanding win”, “took them apart” without seemingly realising that we had, at best, a second string side out.

Now I notice that, again, on Saturday, there is only the choice of the Fleetwood commentary or a very out of sync Pompey commentary by the commentary team watching iFollow and then broadcasting on Express/iFollow with the normal 5 second delay.

iFollow were not interested when I contacted them, seemingly it’s a Pompey matter (and there’s no price reduction either)

Apparently the Pompey commentary team can’t travel to away games as it is seen as ‘an unnecessary journey’, am I right in thinking that Sky commentaries are still in real-time from the grounds where the games are being played ie the Sky commentators are not seen as making ‘an unnecessary journey’ ?

If I am right, it’s a bit more of the ‘Them and Us’ which permeates football ?
(15-01-2021, 04:34 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]I watched the Posh game and listened to the two Posh commentators (no Pompey commentary), they were a right pair of numpties, “outstanding win”, “took them apart” without seemingly realising that we had, at best, a second string side out.

Now I notice that, again, on Saturday, there is only the choice of the Fleetwood commentary or a very out of sync Pompey commentary by the commentary team watching iFollow and then broadcasting on Express/iFollow with the normal 5 second delay.

iFollow were not interested when I contacted them, seemingly it’s a Pompey matter (and there’s no price reduction either)

Apparently the Pompey commentary team can’t travel to away games as it is seen as ‘an unnecessary journey’, am I right in thinking that Sky commentaries are still in real-time from the grounds where the games are being played ie the Sky commentators are not seen as making ‘an unnecessary journey’ ?

If I am right, it’s a bit more of the ‘Them and Us’ which permeates football ?

The club has issued info on this ... they will be doing home commentary from the studio from the tv pictures which will be available on the Ifollow audio and on the radio, but will be out of synch with the pictures so only the home commentary will be available with the pictures. 

Nothing the club or Ifollow can do about it so no point complaining. 

I'll be quite happy with the pictures anyway ... you don't get commetary  when you attend games live.

It can only be a matter of time before all football becomes an unnecessary journey. The number of players going down with Covid is increasing week by week.
The point which remains unanswered Deep is this:

With regard to live commentary:

Sky can do it, BT Sport can do it, FA Player can do it, so, why can’t iFollow do it ?
Unless there is one law for iFollow and one for all the other broadcasters, I don’t understand.

Of course being at the ground is infinitely preferable to TV but the great majority of football is watched on TV  and that’s what I’m enquiring about.
(15-01-2021, 10:56 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]The point which remains unanswered Deep is this:

With regard to live commentary:

Sky can do it, BT Sport can do it, FA Player can do it, so, why can’t iFollow do it ?
Unless there is one law for iFollow and one for all the other broadcasters, I don’t understand.

Of course being at the ground is infinitely preferable to TV but the great majority of football is watched on TV  and that’s what I’m enquiring about.

Sky, BT Sport or FAPlayer don't have seperate commentaries for each team though. 

I would have thought in most grounds in the FL there is limited space for the press and commentary teams -with social distancing and unnecessary travel bans,  in the current climate, I would have thought it a wise decision.

It is only temporary - shouldn't ifollow be sending out guidance to the commentary teams telling them to be impartial whilst we are in this situation, if not you have the  volume off button.
Phil Gittens, commentating for Fleetwood.

So far.....

Jack Watmouth???????

Lee Brown scored a vital goal for Bristol City, apparently. I bet Rovers fans liked that one!