TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bass
Freeman, Raggett, Ogilvie, Hughes
Thompson, Payce
Ahadme, Azeez , Jacobs
Hirst

Subs

Steward, Kaba,  Setters, Howell, Bridgman
Jewitt-White, Gifford
Thought he might give Raggett a rest. He must have played every minute of the last 50 games.
Agree Rags could probably have done with the rest but good to see Academy players given a chance
Not a bad game so far, except a pathetic miss by Hirst.
Good build up for the goal.
After that bad miss Hirst has actually played quite well, playing some excellent passes. Thompson playing well too. Ahadme growing into the game after a slow start. Raggett in the right place as usual and Jacobs quite lively. Freeman pretty weak IMO and not much from the young lads yet although Pace looks a bit lightweight.
DSMG, good summing up so far.
Really good 2nd goal.
Encouraging from the fringe players so far.
Do we still have a chance of progressing in the Papa Johns? Not sure what we have to do tonight...
We have to win
Wimbledon have to lose
Needs to be 4 goals difference
It seems if we score one more and Sutton keep winning we'll go through, I think!
We have to score one more, or Sutton one more. Simples.
How did Thompson play? Saw he got subbed. Hopefully fresh and sharp for Saturday.
Thank you.
So it's a case of, come on Sutton!
Thompson was class. Taken off just to save him for Sat.
Really enjoyable game so far, though effectively a reserve game, but just good to see everyone trying to be skilful and lots of energy and commitment. Hurst played well overall and may have earned a spot on Sat. Azeez definitely has, and Ahadme played well too.
(09-11-2021, 09:18 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Thompson was class. Taken off just to save him for Sat.
Really enjoyable game so far, though effectively a reserve game, but just good to see everyone trying to be skilful and lots of energy and commitment. Hurst played well overall and may have earned a spot on Sat. Azeez definitely has, and Ahadme played well too.

What about Jacobs? Do you think he's put in a shift?
Looks like Hirst has done it! 3-0!
Yeeessss Hirst at least
Yes 3-0 and 1-0
Well played the kids. Refreshing from start to finish.
Jacobs some very skilful touches but he does look a bit lackadaisical. An exciting game, much more entertaining than most of the league games!
Exciting and enjoyable game and performance by Pompey.

Wasn’t going to waste another £10 on iFollow, glad my grandson changed my mind for me !
Wemberly
Amazing. For so long on this site (and it's predecessor) everyone slagged off this competition as it was a distraction from promotion. Now we know we are too carp to get promoted we are all celebrating scraping through this group.
Having said that, gotta say the Sunderland final was one of my favourite Pompey moments in 45 years of following.
Great to see a positive 90 mins, though got to wonder if we may have been better going out gracefully, given our wafer thin squad and injury record recently. Hopefully a chance to see some of the kids again in the next round.
Pages: 1 2