TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So have any players from Tuesday earned themselves a place in tomorrow's team? The big success was Hirst but until then had looked poor. Will one good performance be enough to earn a start and rest the non-firing Marquis. I would be amazed if DC goes 442 so only one striker spot available.
(12-11-2021, 12:57 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]So have any players from Tuesday earned themselves a place in tomorrow's team? The big success was Hirst but until then had looked poor. Will one good performance be enough to earn a start and rest the non-firing Marquis. I would be amazed if DC goes 442 so only one striker spot available.

If Cowley had proper large Kahoonies he'd go with the same team that played Tuesday, but replace Freeman with Romeo.

It's what I'd do anyway.
(12-11-2021, 01:19 PM)2_Kuhl Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2021, 12:57 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]So have any players from Tuesday earned themselves a place in tomorrow's team? The big success was Hirst but until then had looked poor. Will one good performance be enough to earn a start and rest the non-firing Marquis. I would be amazed if DC goes 442 so only one striker spot available.

If Cowley had proper large Kahoonies he'd go with the same team that played Tuesday, but replace Freeman with Romeo.

It's what I'd do anyway.
Sounds like we've got a couple of non-publicised injuries judging from DC saying he has only got 14 first teamers.
You would think after Tuesday night Hirst did enough to start but that was against some young Palace defenders. Wycombe have some big fellas in their back line and I can see him being out-muscled. Marquis, although he can't finish and is technically so, so poor, can at least give as good as he gets and will pull them around. 
Of course we could always go with two up front but as has been noted above, hell has not frozen over yet for that to happen.
Other than that, Azeez is a shoe-in I would have thought, and I'd like to see Jacobs start.
Hirst should start, as he can't be any worse than Marquis currently is, Azzez I agree should be a shoe-in. Thompson of course too.
(12-11-2021, 02:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2021, 01:19 PM)2_Kuhl Wrote: [ -> ]

It's what I'd do anyway.
Sounds like we've got a couple of non-publicised injuries judging from DC saying he has only got 14 first teamers.

Possibly he had 16 available last week and he's taking out Baz and Morrell leaving 14? Hope so rather than another 2 injuries.
......Hopefully no excuses before we kick off.
I would think that the very last thing that Wycombe might expect is a strong - er attacking line-up.
Yes a 442 Herman.
Don't think it will happen, but I see this game as an opportunity to surprise the opposition, press, defend from their half, and I would give Hirst a shot - looking where he came from he must have something , and maybe Tuesday ignited the fire ....... we hope.
We will all be very sad man^ana if it is same old, we CAN continue this run boys - BELIEVE !
Ditch the floating number ten and one up front. Neither work for the players we have.
But we won;'t because the top foreign managers with top foreign players can do it successfully and no doubt the FA coaching courses push it hard.
So its come to this... underdogs against Wycombe...

My team would be: 4141. Think that gets our best XI players on the pitch.

____________Bass
Romeo Raggett Ogilvie Brown
__________Thompson
Harness Azeez Jacobs Curtis
_________Marquis
azeez and Jacobs might just play some of those slide in the striker balls that Marquis used to score from at Doncaster.

Or we could surprise them and play two up front just to see what happens