TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Despite the sphincter twitching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That’s one of the most enjoyable games I’ve watched Pompey play in a long time.
(13-11-2021, 06:03 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]That’s one of the most enjoyable games I’ve watched Pompey play in a long time.

Great result, let’s have a few more of those  Smile .
It sounded great on the radio, the team (Bass in particular) and our support was the best for ages.
….reasons to be cheerful.
He's one of our own, he's number one of our own, Alex Bass, he's one of our own!
(13-11-2021, 07:08 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]He's one of our own, he's number one of our own, Alex Bass, he's one of our own!

You definitely don't want Bazunu back, then.
Win, lose, or draw that's what we want to see from our team; some commitment.
(13-11-2021, 07:10 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-11-2021, 07:08 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]He's one of our own, he's number one of our own, Alex Bass, he's one of our own!

nothing at all against Bazz. But I would not drop Bass after that performance. 

AND we desperately need some songs 

And if he is good enough we need to develop him rather than someone else's young player.
As others have said, best game of the season by far. Credit to all involved and to the magnificent travelling fans as always, and good to see Christian Burgess amongst them.
Hirst wasn't brilliant, but he was very good. Far more skilful than Marquis, and ran around with purpose, not like a headless chicken which is what Marquis does. I say that having been a major critic of Hirst until Tues, but in these two days he's finally coming good.
Probably with hindsight the wrong game for Azeez, but Morrell will be back in next game. Big issue now is the keeper. Bass was faultless (and I say that having watched every minute of the game). I still think Bazz is probably a better keeper overall but he'll be gone at the end of the Summer so there's a real argument to say keep Bass in for the rest of the season, he could be our keeper for the next 10 years. What do others here think? ps the ref was the absolute pits in the first half, but had a much better 2nd half.
(13-11-2021, 07:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

And if he is good enough we need to develop him rather than someone else's young player.

So the Cowleys are missing a trick in not picking players on the basis of how good a song they make.
There was a chant of "Raggett for England" during the game today. How cute :-)
(13-11-2021, 09:14 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-11-2021, 07:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

So the Cowleys are missing a trick in not picking players on the basis of how good a song they make.
nope but they should pick players who perform well, for the next game which would incidentally give us the chance for a play to have his own song, like good sides do from one to eleven. And if the player is a long term option to develop our own player rather than a rich team's then I would prefer that.