TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Christian Burgess & Union SG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lovely article about how Christian Burgess and Union SG are doing - I knew they'd got promoted but hadn't realised they were top of the league. All the Brighton fans I know idolise Tony Bloom as the perfect owner and quite rightly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot...59510.html
Good luck to him, but wish he'd stayed.
(18-11-2021, 10:28 PM)PompeySussex Wrote: [ -> ]Lovely article about how Christian Burgess and Union SG are doing - I knew they'd got promoted but hadn't realised they were top of the league. All the Brighton fans I know idolise Tony Bloom as the perfect owner and quite rightly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot...59510.html

Brighton may idolise him, and by pl standards he's not too bad, but he still hasn't written off the money that hes invested (something like £300 million). It's all still interest-free loans. Just saying. When it comes to the handover that's when the ship hits the fan because Brighton, bless them, isn't a football town.

Made his money from gambling and feeding the addiction so bloom fits the modern football owners and pl perfectly.

Unfortunately for us anybody remotely successful from Pompey buggers off and never comes back.
Lawrence
Under recent and current regimes, no player with ambition is going to stay at Pompey, a football career is necessarily a short one and needs to be maximised.

We have and will have our fair share of players looking for a last or second-last contract, they will likely be replacing either the last lot of old lags or players at the end of their contracts or of interest to other teams for a fee.

That’s been the Pompey way for most of the many seasons I have supported Pompey, perhaps that all too brief period in The Premiership when the quality of our team seemed to increase exponentially and those wearing the Blue of Pompey were actually fit to claim the right to wear it was an all too short aberration.

It’s back to bread and water for a long, long time I fear as we wave any starlets we produce goodbye.

Never mind, I am frequently reminded by some posters that Eisner is hell bent on success, we all may see it come to fruition………..if we can live long enough !
USG won 7-1 away at Ostend today. Burgess scored twice.

They are now 7 points clear of Antwerp and Bruges.