TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Harness strikes again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Phew...89th min Cool
MOM by far.
Coming good and scoring for fun too
Cracking winner. The sponsors had just announced Jacobs as the M.O.M. I would have given it to Harness, he runs his socks off. Out of contract in May, I'd be opening talks with him but knowing Pompey they wont
No, I agree with the sponsors. Jacobs ran his legs off and showed what we've been missing
Don't agree with that Gerry. Felt he had odd good moments but often looked slow. Still, he scored though their keeper should have saved it.
I thought Harness had a pretty average game but got the winning goal.
Jacobs was decent and not sure how he scored, but he did, their keeper will be disappointed.
With Jacobs in the team, I'm not sure how we play Curtis to get the best from him. On the right he can't cut in and shoot, on his own up the middle he gets bullied by two or 3 centre halfs.
(20-11-2021, 06:22 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Harness had a pretty average game but got the winning goal.
Jacobs was decent and not sure how he scored, but he did, their keeper will be disappointed.
With Jacobs in the team, I'm not sure how we play Curtis to get the best from him. On the right he can't cut in and shoot, on his own up the middle he gets bullied by two or 3 centre halfs.

Spot on regarding Curtis. He is better playing wide. Wouldn't start Jacobs but good to have on the bench
Probably still suffering from an unbalanced squad left by Kenny. If we can afford to have Harness, Curtis and Jacobs with only 2 starting then great, but I'm not convinced they can play together especially away.
I thought Harness had best game for a while. Ran the show for first 25 minutes. Shame he is such an enigma and disappears for long periods. What a shame we have to rely on mediocre players like williams and Thompson to fill up the midfield. Hirst showed us what he has got to offer... nothing.
I found it hard to pick a MOTM as both sides were mediocre. The game only came to life after 65 mins. As normal for FP the ref was atrocious and hopefully if there where assessors present he won’t be reffing for long. Everyone ran about, huffed and puffed, miss passed or played 1-2 with Baz. Other than that a great 3 points and another win, it was anything but an advert for L1 or indeed football.
(20-11-2021, 05:17 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]MOM by far.

(20-11-2021, 08:41 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I found it hard to pick a MOTM as both sides were mediocre. The game only came to life after 65 mins. As normal for FP the ref was atrocious and hopefully if there where assessors present he won’t be reffing for long. Everyone ran about, huffed and puffed, miss passed or played 1-2 with Baz. Other than that a great 3 points and another win, it was anything but an advert for L1 or indeed football.

Just had a peep at the Refs list BlueTag. He was promoted to Select Group 2 which officiates at Championship level this season. So far he has had 7 Championship games, 3 in our league and 1 in Div 2. I am amazed, but after they promoted Gavin Ward (the baby faced one) nothing should amaze me
(20-11-2021, 09:05 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-11-2021, 05:17 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]MOM by far.

(20-11-2021, 08:41 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I found it hard to pick a MOTM as both sides were mediocre. The game only came to life after 65 mins. As normal for FP the ref was atrocious and hopefully if there where assessors present he won’t be reffing for long. Everyone ran about, huffed and puffed, miss passed or played 1-2 with Baz. Other than that a great 3 points and another win, it was anything but an advert for L1 or indeed football.

Just had a peep at the Refs list BlueTag. He was promoted to Select Group 2 which officiates at Championship level this season. So far he has had 7 Championship games, 3 in our league and 1 in Div 2. I am amazed, but after they promoted Gavin Ward (the baby faced one) nothing should amaze me

Clearly on his way to the prem.
Gives weird pens, will love being centre of attention while walking slowly to the TV screen, stops play and makes players walk half the pitch to be told off, even better crowds that make no noise no matter how bad the ref or reviews seem.