TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Todays ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought we just about deserved to win at the time but having seen the travesty of a penalty that they got awarded I'd say we thoroughly deserved to beat the cheating bastards. 

Bazanu 8 One dodgy clearance in the first half but some superb handling and saves in the second without which we would not have won. More than justified his inclusion. 
Romeo 7 Got forward well in the second half
Raggett 8 Did not put a foot wrong and always on the end of their long throw-ins 
Ogilvie 8 Another very solid performance 
Brown 5 Stupidly got himself booked in the first half when he knew an incompetent ref was after him, and beaten for pace more than once. Not one of his best games.
Harness 8 A constant threat throughout and deserved his winner MOTM for me
Thompson 7 I like his consistency and nice to see a midfielder who likes to drive forward with the ball at his feet rather than always look for an easy pass
Williams 5 Too many misplaced passes, unusually for him. 
Jacobs 7 Did well and looked interested. A bit lucky with his goal, the keeper should have saved that. 
Hirst 4 Blew his big chance. Both in general and his one big chance on the pitch. He is just too slow of thought to be a good player at the moment. 
Curtis 6 played in three different positions during the game, and though not awful he was not influential in any of them. 

Subs 
Hackett 6 Team looked better after he came on but missed two decent chances
Morrell 7 Should have started , he sets the tempo for the team when he is on 
Harrison On too late for a rating

Cowley 8 Deserves credit for picking Jacobs, trying 442 from the start (for possibly the first time ?), changing it early by taking Hirst off and replacing him with Hackett for a change of formation that worked rather than Harrison for a like for like change.  Can't argue when his changes turn a game around from losing to winning.
not sure baz did anything unexpected of a competent keeper so 7. 8 if he saved the pen that was right down the middle.
Brown, as captain needs to look at himself for his reaction to a referee. Even Curtis managed to hold it in.
Curtis, not sure how we fit him and Jacobs into the same 11.
Not sure Harness was his best today, but he got the winning goal
Thompson was off his game today I felt.
For me Harness was MOM and deserved to score the winning goal. I thought Raggett had a nightmare with no communication whatsoever with the keeper. Thompson and Williams totally anonymous, but Williams always is. What a difference when we added Morrell. As for Hirst .. well he’s no footballer and showed it again today. Complete carp. Baz yes just made some routine saves and messed up a couple of times. Probably should have saved the penalty. Better game of football, more entertaining, but spoilt by a referee who was totally out of his depth. Penalty decision absolute joke.
Hard on Rags to say he had a nightmare. He made most of the interceptions. Thought Hirst didn't get any service as everything forward was to Curtis. Totally agree that things looked much better when Morrell came on. Excellent ball through to MOTM Harness for the winner.
Rags made 1 bad error in the 1st half for which he put his hand up. I don't think he had a nightmare. I'm glad Jacobs looked interested given the money he is reportedly on Lol If you read my other post Forever today's Ref was promoted in August to Select Group 2 and has so far had 7 fixtures in the Championship. I'd say he had a nightmare today, they all do
I’d give them all 6, it was a pretty poor game without anyone rising above L1 average.
The ref would get 1 for just turning up.
(20-11-2021, 09:45 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’d give them all 6, it was a pretty poor game without anyone rising above L1 average.
The ref would get 1 for just turning up.

Just seen Hull's 1st goal. no wonder Lee Bowyer went ape, it should have been a goal kick to Brum. No sympathy for Bowyer. I remember a similar incident one evening game we lost here to his Charlton side. Our players stopped for a throw in which wasnt given. I have a long memory....Just an add on to the Ref (I am an ex Ref admittedly many years ago) I thought the Cheltenham match Ref Robert Lewis was far worse in his overall performance than today's. Sadly it shows how the standard is at our level
For me, just another run of the mill League 1 game ie long on endeavour and woefully short on quality, the referee was admirably suited to the match- very poor.

What is it now, 5 seasons of indifferent football occasionally enlivened by a good performance (sometimes even an excellent one), hardly the stuff of success.

Our opponents today look destined to struggle (they won’t always get lucky with penalties) and the fact it took a last gasp effort by Harness to steal the points from them today suggests we have a lot of room for improvement, Cowley needs a good window to really get the promotion ball rolling.
(21-11-2021, 01:48 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]For me, just another run of the mill League 1 game ie long on endeavour and woefully short on quality, the referee was admirably suited to the match- very poor.

What is it now, 5 seasons of indifferent football occasionally enlivened by a good performance (sometimes even an excellent one), hardly the stuff of success.

Our opponents today look destined to struggle (they won’t always get lucky with penalties) and the fact it took a last gasp effort by Harness to steal the points from them today suggests we have a lot of room for improvement, Cowley needs a good window to really get the promotion ball rolling.

I've posted that I find it hard to get excited about supporting the current team, got slated for it. I think your comments maybe sum it up.
Or I'm just getting old and have seen too many poor Pompey sides, I should have gone through the roof when we cam back to win. Or maybe again the Covid gap has disconnected me from the team. 
I did notice that a lot of the very long term fans around me yesterday seemed similarly less excited than we used to be.