TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: empty seats.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was disappointed to hear of people unable to get seats for Saturday. Then to be there and see loads of empty seats all over the ground. Three together right next to me in the Fratton End.
Shame if STs are not bothering to make their seats available. Both to help other fans and to help the club bring in money for new players.

I understand some cannot be sold until the H&S work is completed. I do wonder if the exits size and all that allows for the fact that if there were an emergency many fans would get away from a fire (for instance)  by getting on the pitch, no matter what stewards might tell them.
Huh??
There were three Dutch lads behind me in north upper so I asked them what they were doing here, were they at the university or something? And they said, no, we came just for the match, we are big Pompey fans. So it's nice they got to see a win.
The crowd was said to be 16,200 odd but I must say there seem to be a lot of empty seats. A bit disappointing. Hopefully our run will continue in the league and both cups and people will come back and fill the place up. I don't necessarily agree with others who say the crowd only got going at the end. Seemed pretty loud to me a lot of the time. Fair play to Wimbledon too, brought quite a lot for a ´minnow`.
COVID is still playing it’s part on our attendance, a few empty ST’s near me
(21-11-2021, 09:21 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]The crowd was said to be 16,200 odd but I must say there seem to be a lot of empty seats. A bit disappointing. Hopefully our run will continue in the league and both cups and people will come back and fill the place up. I don't necessarily agree with others who say the crowd only got going at the end. Seemed pretty loud to me a lot of the time. Fair play to Wimbledon too, brought quite a lot for a ´minnow`.

16,200 is only just short of capacity at the moment (16,500 ?) . 

Nearly all the empty ones around me were those taken out of commission to keep the health & safety certificate.
Well, there must have been loads of season ticket holders who didn’t go cos there were lots of empty seats and the Milton End was half full.
It used to be the case that as a season ticket holder you could make your seat available for purchase if you couldn't make the .match. This is not currently an option. What's your point?
Whose point? Mine? Just seemed to me that there might have been less than the 16000 odd announced and that maybe it was because they count season ticket holders who don't go. Don't know, just interested.
I'm not quite sure what people are driving at with this particular post.
I've always been curious as to why clubs can't reveal the actual gate on the day rather than the number of season ticketholders, the 'walk ups' as Catlin called them and away fans.
It is clear that a significant percentage of season ticketholders are not going regularly.
Why? Well you could write a book on that...four disappointing years, inadequate facilities, poor results/entertainment, fear of covid etc. With fifty years of visiting Fratton I would guess that the actual gate on Saturday was unlikely to be many more than 13,000. That sais, pleased to say that the real fans were rewarded with a good second-half display and a late winner...that's we love the game (and Scummers losing!!)
(21-11-2021, 10:43 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]It used to be the case that as a season ticket holder you could make your seat available for purchase if you couldn't make the .match. This is not currently an option. What's your point?

fair enough if that is now the case. In which case, Cullen, get them available, its not as if covid can survive on an outdoor seat for several days. 
getting a £5 credit was a good idea and even better now that we are heading into losing a lot of the north terrace too.
When there are games I can't get to I'd be more than happy for the club to put my ticket up for sale and I really don't want to get any money back for that. I'd be really happy if I could donate my seat to someone who couldn't normally afford to go on those occasions, that would be a great initiative for the club to undertake.

All these things are possible if the club has the willpower to put them into action.
(21-11-2021, 10:49 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Whose point? Mine? Just seemed to me that there might have been less than the 16000 odd announced and that maybe it was because they count season ticket holders who don't go. Don't know, just interested.

I think they have to declare how many people pay to see the game live for tax purposes. Whether they attend is another thing & from a financial p.o.v. probably not relevant.
(22-11-2021, 03:47 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-11-2021, 10:49 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Whose point? Mine? Just seemed to me that there might have been less than the 16000 odd announced and that maybe it was because they count season ticket holders who don't go. Don't know, just interested.

I think they have to declare how many people pay to see the game live for tax purposes. Whether they attend is another thing & from a financial p.o.v. probably not relevant.

presumably they have to declare the figure in the ground for H&S evacuation purposes? 
Might be nice if they published them too.