TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The future for Marquis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will he get back in the team given the quicker movement we seem to have found up front?
He was always a grafter at Donny and scored a bucket load z couple of years on the trot.
It seems either he is enduring wretched luck, a Billy big bollox syndrome or a combination of both amalgamated with that moaning that must grate with some other players.
He needs to knuckle down and get goals from the bench because George deserves his place and hopefully that goal is going to light him up
Get rid he's been 90% crap for 3 seasons now. He was only successful at Donny because of Coppinger.
Impact sub ( or perhaps non impact sub given current form) is the best he can hope for short term.
Depends if we can get some cash for him or not. I don't think he is worth renewing due to his wages being so high.

Harrison should be ahead of him out the door though.
get him fit, see where we are at come January.
If we can get money for him, that would help towards the rebuild that is very much still in progress.
Really got to give Hirst a lot of credit for the way he's even made this a debate. Bad as Marquis has been at times, no-one was giving Hirst a good word until Marquis was injured. If he (Hirst) read half the comments on here he would have been slitting his throat. The way Hirst has stood up and shown why he is signed to a decent Premiership club over the last few games says a lot about his character let alone the skill, strength and pace he has shown. Get the impression also that DC and his team have really worked well to bring him in and it seems like he is a quick and willing learner. 
To cut a long story short, ditch Marquis, keep Hirst
(24-11-2021, 10:11 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Really got to give Hirst a lot of credit for the way he's even made this a debate. Bad as Marquis has been at times, no-one was giving Hirst a good word until Marquis was injured. If he (Hirst) read half the comments on here he would have been slitting his throat. The way Hirst has stood up and shown why he is signed to a decent Premiership club over the last few games says a lot about his character let alone the skill, strength and pace he has shown. Get the impression also that DC and his team have really worked well to bring him in and it seems like he is a quick and willing learner. 
To cut a long story short, ditch Marquis, keep Hirst

Hirst had a rough start because he was initially chucked on with 9 minutes to go, in a sh*t team, and expected to do wonders. I don't think he's the dogs b*llocks just because he scored a go but he didn't deserve the abuse that he was getting.  He reminds me of a more talented Hawkins (that isn't saying much, I hear you all say!).

Still think we're mid-table at best but I'll enjoy the ride while it lasts.
Hah I wouldn't mind having Hawkins back. Good defensive cover!
Hah I wouldn't mind having Hawkins back. Good defensive cover!
FFS Pedalo,the guy was crap, L2 at best. There are at least 50 players in the last 5 years I'd have back before Hawkins.
At the end of the day John M has .... well it's just not happened for him at Pompey. 

The incessant chasing lost causes,  ( whilst displaying admirable keenness ) does not portray that he reads the game too well. 

He is first and last a trier,  but sadly his efforts are not registering for us. 

Sometimes my mind wanders to another individual whose time, and efforts,  at Pompey delivered a similar result -  one Derek SHOWERS.
(25-11-2021, 02:22 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Hah I wouldn't mind having Hawkins back. Good defensive cover!
FFS Pedalo,the guy was crap, L2 at best. There are at least 50 players in the last 5 years I'd have back before Hawkins.

Yes I am being tongue in cheek but he'd score as many as Marquis without putting the same dent in the payroll.  Big Grin 

Never let us down when drafted in at CB and we could use all hands on deck in that department right now.
Someone like DC could get the most out of him