TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Form guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Based on the last 6 games we are 3rd behind Rotherham and Charlton on goal difference. Oxford, Sheffield Wednesday and MK Dons make up the rest of the top 6. It wouldn't surprise me if at least 4 of those teams make up the Top 6 at the end of the season. Rotherham, Oxford, Sheffield Wednesday and dare I say it, Pompey.
Now 1st
heading to be well placed in January to be able to attract decent players inwards.
Regarding who we might sell?
Harrison has yet to do much to convince we should keep him
Jacobs is making a big case for us to keep him or someone else to pay a fee for him
Hirst is improving looking like a decent loan to keep.
Marquis? maybe after a rest he will show something, but if we can trade him....
Azeez? Not convinced he will want to stay and maybe is just not ready for real men's football.
Can we get a keeper in to let Bass go and play some games (with a recall?)
the Norwich striker might as well go back I guess?
Send back Azeez and Ahadme. Sell Harrison,Downing and Marquis.
(29-11-2021, 11:16 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Send back Azeez and Ahadme. Sell Harrison,Downing and Marquis.

Maybe we can finally sign Ben Thompson since they still don't want to play him  Tongue
(29-11-2021, 11:16 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Send back Azeez and Ahadme. Sell Harrison,Downing and Marquis.

Agreed. And Jacobs? I'd love him to stay but I fear his wages may be the deciding factor. He can be such an influence, I wonder if DC can find a role for him that doesn't involve dropping Curtis or moving Harness.
I agree that selling Harrison, Downing and Marquis in January would be a decent proposition but, who would buy them ?

Two non-scoring forwards both on wages that might scare most teams considering them and a centre back who has only got a game when Pompey have an injury problem.

It might be possible to move one or all of them on if we pay up some (maybe all) of their contracts so they can leave on a free but that’s just a cash outflow which doesn’t help fund the wages of new arrivals.

The three players might choose to sit on the bench or the sidelines, draw their wages and run their contracts down and leave on frees in the summer.

No easy answers unless less there are mug punters the same as Jackett who will solve our problem for us ie buy them and pay them what they want.

Maybe Orient will come in for them !
Marquis must be worth money, Harrison a little, Downing next to nothing. He's 30 and has played a handful of games in two and a half years.
(30-11-2021, 01:39 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Marquis must be worth money, Harrison a little, Downing next to nothing. He's 30 and has played a handful of games in two and a half years.

Marquis must be worth money  Smile . Really?

I wouldn’t pay any, would you?
No, cos I’ve seen almost every game he’s played for the last two years but his stats aren’t bad, about 1 in 3 and a lot of teams will pay for that kind of return.
Going by his stats someone (clown) will buy him, afterall Orient took on Jackett and his stats
(30-11-2021, 04:48 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Going by his stats someone (clown) will buy him, afterall Orient took on Jackett and his stats

P19 W6 D10 L3 GD+15

His stats aren't looking too shabby right now, or do we have to use some special algorithm to work out that those stats are actually shit?
I would imagine he will be ( another) perfect fit for Swindon Town .