TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Sign him up !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it's pretty obvious that we should make every effort to make Marlon Romeo a permanent signing. In my opinion he is the best right back\ wing back we've had since Glen Johnson. His pace and energy has completely transformed our right side. He works well with Harness and the two together are a major reason for our upturn in form, long may it continue, PUP. ??
Totally agree Yep he is a revelation.
Be very surprised if his parent club don't keep him on, especially if they've been watching his progress at Pompey. He's even got a secret weapon which I hadn't been aware of so far, a very long throw which caused Lincoln a lot of probs when he used it. He's very quick and strong too. Can only get better. Oh and he's Soul II Soul's singer's son so got rhythm in his boots.
This will almost certainly involve a fee and the Eisners will need some persuading.
(26-11-2021, 09:56 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Be very surprised if his parent club don't keep him on, especially if they've been watching his progress at Pompey. He's even got a secret weapon which I hadn't been aware of so far, a very long throw which caused Lincoln a lot of probs when he used it. He's very quick and strong too. Can only get better. Oh and he's Soul II Soul's singer's son so got rhythm in his boots.

He's been at Millwall for 6 years and played over 150 games for them. It's not like he is being sent out on loan to gain experience, more a case that he was surplus to requirements and they couldn't find a buyer.  

The only problem with buying him would be the wages, he was one of the players we broke the budget for to sign and that was just on loan and often both clubs share the wages for loans.  On the plus side he seems to like it here and may be prepared to take a cut for a decent length contract.
Think he was also having an issue with the Millwall fans booing the taking of the knee. Probably not an easy club to be at for a black player. May also encourage him to make the move permanent. As previously said he does seem to like it here. Certainly agree would be a great permanent signing for us
(26-11-2021, 01:11 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Think he was also having an issue with the Millwall fans booing the taking of the knee. Probably not an easy club to be at for a black player. May also encourage him to make the move permanent. As previously said he does seem to like it here. Certainly agree would be a great permanent signing for us

To be fair, Millwall do have a lot of black fans.

They may be many things but I don’t think they are racist.

A lot of people, myself included, don’t agree with the taking of the knee. I don’t boo it because I respect the right of others to do what they want.

It’s not a clear cut thing and I think there is a lot of misunderstanding about people’s motives on both sides of the argument.
As with all these things I agree most Millwall fans not racist but they do have a significant number of far right fans, they always have and probably always will.
(26-11-2021, 04:28 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]As with all these things I agree most Millwall fans not racist but they do have a significant number of far right fans, they always have and probably always will.

Well the term ‘Far Right’ has become so over used these days, it’s difficult to know what it actually means.
(26-11-2021, 03:44 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-11-2021, 01:11 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Think he was also having an issue with the Millwall fans booing the taking of the knee. Probably not an easy club to be at for a black player. May also encourage him to make the move permanent. As previously said he does seem to like it here. Certainly agree would be a great permanent signing for us

To be fair, Millwall do have a lot of black fans.

They may be many things but I don’t think they are racist.

A lot of people, myself included, don’t agree with the taking of the knee. I don’t boo it because I respect the right of others to do what they want.

It’s not a clear cut thing and I think there is a lot of misunderstanding about people’s motives on both sides of the argument.

Who are they targeting? Fans have moved on and don't even notice colour, these days.
"Fans have moved and don't even notice colour these days"  

Most fans maybe, but I'll bet you could not one find one black player to agree with you, even in 2021. Most of the racism may moved from the stadium to social media but it is still there and I'm not sure how anyone following the news  recently can make such a complacent statement. 

Pretending it's gone away does not make it so, unfortunately.
(26-11-2021, 05:10 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]"Fans have moved and don't even notice colour these days"  

Most fans maybe, but I'll bet you could not one find one black player to agree with you, even in 2021. Most of the racism may moved from the stadium to social media but it is still there and I'm not sure how anyone following the news  recently can make such a complacent statement. 

Pretending it's gone away does not make it so, unfortunately.

Social media is not life Deep, a few tossers in their mum’s back bedroom should be completely ignored.

If I was a highly paid footballer living the dream it would be water off a duck’s back.

You will never eradicate all moronic behaviour, so the thing to do is just get on with life.

Any actual discrimination on the grounds of race should be jumped on from a great height, the laws exist and they should be used. 

A fluffy utopia does not and will never exist.
Yes, the laws to deal with it do exist, And they include online abuse so how much more real life can it get. 

The view that online life is not real is so antiquated it is not true, and in truth never was true because the laws of libel etc have always applied to any publication on any platform, paper or online makes no difference. 

The online world is not separate from real life, it is part of it. You can argue that it is less important than face to face by all means but you cannot argue that it is not real at all.
(26-11-2021, 08:23 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the laws to deal with it do exist, And they include online abuse so how much more real life can it get. 

The view that online life is not real is so antiquated it is not true, and in truth never was true because the laws of libel etc have always applied to any publication on any platform, paper or online makes no difference. 

The online world is not separate from real life, it is part of it. You can argue that it is less important than face to face by all means but you cannot argue that it is not real at all.

I’ve long suspected that you are a virtual entity Deep, this post confirms it  Smile .

Online abuse is just that, online. It can only hurt you if you let it.

The police like making a big thing about it because they can investigate it sitting in their nice warm offices and not deal with real crime ffs. They can check people’s thinking in true 1984 style.

You are not part of the machine, keep telling yourself that  Big Grin .
Libel can be written in a book, magazine or newspaper, Gaff, so why not online?
How does a thread about the potential signing of a player because of his success in our team suddenly turn in to one about racism?
Romeo is a really good player in our team especially going forward. We do need a similar one on the left too.